Feature Request: Dark Mode

Forum Forums Discussion Feature Request: Dark Mode

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Obsidian
    Obsidian
    Participant
    2+

For your consideration…

Request: I’d like to request having the option of a “Dark Mode” version of the UI.

Reason: When playing at night I often do so in no/low light. However, with Miqo open on a side monitor and the game on my main this results in a flashlight effect. As one may imagine, this is rather distracting.

I get with 5.0 there’s so much to do from a technical side it’s not even funny, and I would like to thank you for all your wonderful work. This is precisely why I have no quarrels supporting this project on a regular basis.

Thank you.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

This has already been accepted and is part of the UI update after major features are done being implemented.

Obsidian
    Obsidian
    Participant

Oh? Apologies if it was double posted. I didn’t immediately see that bit of information when I searched for it beforehand. Thank you.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

No problem Obsidian, here are the requests about it:

I was going to ask this request as well. The reason is, when you use a secondary monitor with Miqobot window on it, the plain white is really unpleasant, when everything else is darker, it’s like a lamp pointed right at you, and it’s annoying.

It’s the same reason why for example people asked for Dark modes to creators of XIV related web sites, because we have those open all the time on a secondary window, and they are brighter than the room, brighter than the game, not really pleasant.

If you choose to do a Dark mode for Miqobot, please consider not making it pure black, this is ugly and unpleasant as well. I have no idea why gigantic companies like Microsoft failed at creating a Dark mode of their UI for Windows 10 for example, they made it pure black, instead of several dark greys, it’s ugly and unprofessional.

The best way to do a Dark mode is to use a dark grey for the main background, and several other different dark greys for all the other elements, to make them stand out a bit.
    As for fonts, no pure white, just light greys.

I was going to ask this request within another one related to the UI, I’m gonna create another topic for this purpose.

Miqobot answer that contains an interim workaround:

Understood 🙂

Current UI of Miqobot uses default Windows settings.
    It means you can install a different color scheme on system level, and it will affect Miqobot’s appearance. You can use it to adjust UI colors to your liking.

And of course, we already have several UI layouts in progress with system-independent color scheme. We plan to implement a better design with customizable colors and fonts as soon as we complete the top priority feature pack.
    Thank you for your request!

Arc posted not a long time ago his Grey Miqobot UI, using I believe the Windows settings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.