Feature Request: (Assist Mode) Lower Priority/Ignore DoTs

Forum Forums Discussion Feature Request: (Assist Mode) Lower Priority/Ignore DoTs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Toxxysko Toxxysko 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toxxysko
    Toxxysko
    Participant

Problem:
    Sometimes Miqobot will attempt to put a DoT on mobs when there is a crowd instead of going straight into AoE. This is fine on some jobs (BRD/SMN), but a bit of a waste on others, particularly Healers and especially SAM.

Solution request:
    A toggle hotkey for disabling DoTs.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, we will add your suggestion to the list of potential improvements.
    Thank you for your request.

Please note, however, that DoT in Samurai rotation is already set at lower priority. If there are several enemies in front of your character, Miqobot will skip Higanbana and proceed to accumulating Tenka Goken instead.

As for healers, there is a simple workaround. When you wish Miqobot to ignore DoTs, you can temporarily remove them from hotbar.

Adriuno
    Participant

All right, we will add your suggestion to the list of potential improvements.
    Thank you for your request.

Please note, however, that DoT in Samurai rotation is already set at lower priority. If there are several enemies in front of your character, Miqobot will skip Higanbana and proceed to accumulating Tenka Goken instead.

As for healers, there is a simple workaround. When you wish Miqobot to ignore DoTs, you can temporarily remove them from hotbar.

I feel like this could be improved for DRG, SAM, and even MCH. I mainly play DRG and SAM and I have noticed that both classes will just follow their single target rotation even when there are 3+ enemies bunched together. MCH is also weird with AOE as well. For some reason MCH will go into it’s single target rotation using Wildfire on a target, Heat Blast a couple times, then randomly switch to using Auto-Crossbow for the duration of Hypercharge. When it should be Auto-Crossbow from the start on AOE pulls instead of using Wildfire.

Just some thoughts. Other than that I love the work you guys do.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, AoE math is not perfect and may not trigger properly when enemies are not packed tightly enough or if you select an enemy at the edge of the pack. This issue is not related to any particular class, it affects all jobs.

We have plans to improve combat geometry algorithms, so in the future it should become better.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Toxxysko
    Toxxysko
    Participant

Yes, AoE math is not perfect and may not trigger properly when enemies are not packed tightly enough or if you select an enemy at the edge of the pack. This issue is not related to any particular class, it affects all jobs.

We have plans to improve combat geometry algorithms, so in the future it should become better.
    Thank you for your feedback.

Just so you know, i appreciate this, and do not mind if it was done before my own suggestion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.