Feature Request: Ability to comment multiple lines in scenario editor

Forum Forums Discussion Feature Request: Ability to comment multiple lines in scenario editor

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Fer 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Fer
    Participant

Something that I would love to see implemented at some point would be the ability to comment/uncomment multiple lines in the scenario editor, similar to how most/all coding IDE’s work. I know I use a couple scenarios that repeat the same/similar blocks throughout, and I’m just going through line by line to make the adjustments

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

2 forward slashes will achieve your goal.

//Script – Blah Blah
    //Uses the following:
    //Crystals, etc

//Grid1
    grid(PlanetO)

//Grid2
    grid(Planet1)

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Something that I would love to see implemented at some point would be the ability to comment/uncomment multiple lines in the scenario editor, similar to how most/all coding IDE’s work. I know I use a couple scenarios that repeat the same/similar blocks throughout, and I’m just going through line by line to make the adjustments

Yes please! Often when testing Scenarios I would like to just comment a whole Chapter or almost all of it, without deleting it, or even just have shortcut for uncomment/comment a single line. So I don’t need to type them everytime or leave a placeholder comment above so I can quickly swap, like that

//
    gatherSlot(x)

2 forward slashes will achieve your goal.

That was not the request. The request was for a possibility to have a shortcut for commenting out multiple lines at once, which does place those slashes without you typing them.

ryann
    Participant

I know this is about adding it to miq, but just an FYI with what i do for these.

Open notepad ++

Copy the chapter over to notepad++

Press CTRL+H to bring up Find/Replace
    Choose “Regular expression” option near the bottom of the dialog

Type ^ in the find what textbox (This tells it to find the start of everyline)
    Type // in the replace with Textbox
    Place the cursor in the first line of the file to ensure all lines are affected
    Click “Replace All” button.

Copy the edited text back into Miq.

Fer
    Participant

Ryan, while that works, that is certainly a lot more effort than I would ever consider, unless the chapter/code block was massive.

I know that this would always be considered a lower priority effort, but it also has the potential to be a very minimal amount of work to do(compared to other priorities).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.