Feast of Famine

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Feast of Famine

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Kasxof 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Relief
    Relief
    Participant

I’m fishing for the Feast of Famine fish. I’m teleporting in, checking the weather, then running to the fishing hole to fish. If its good weather it fishing for an hour, if the weather is bad it fishes one. I would rather if the weather was bad to just skip to the next chapter instead.

Relief
    Relief
    Participant
    1+

couldn’t find how to edit my first post to add the scenario to it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    MiqoBaby
    MiqoBaby
    Participant

Are you sure to catch Helicoprion the bait is Spinner? Because when I use it under the right conditions it says it’s wrong and to use another bait.

MiqoBaby
    MiqoBaby
    Participant
    1+

Just caught it with Sand Leech, not Spinner, hope that helps.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    1+

So how does this work for fish like Namitaro? Because it can only be triggered by catching a Giant Takitaro (which can only be caught via Glowworm bait) but then Miqo would have to know to switch over to Topwater Frog bait *after* catching a Giant Takitaro, which so far as I can tell there’s nothing like that in the chapter. It just has Miqo go and start fishing with the Frog if the weather is right, which will do nothing if you’re trying to catch Namitaro. Am I just not reading the scenario correctly?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Yea its missing 2 lines.

noIntuitionBait(Glowworm)
    intuitionBait(Topwater Frog)

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant

Where should I plug those lines in? Just replace the “bait(Topwater Frog)” line with those?

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    2+

I plugged it in to test and yes, you just replace the bait(Topwater Frog) line with the lines that Lyfox provided. I woke up this morning to Namitaro waiting for me in my inventory, so works like a charm ty ^^

blahblahblah
    blahblahblah
    Participant

I have a question about fishing and I don’t want to make a new post about it since this is still fresh so I’ll tack on my question here.
    I want to catch the Armor Fish and was wondering if there is a way to catch a number of fish, pause for a bit and then continue?
    My idea is that I could go to the fishing spot 20-30 minutes before the fish spawn, tell miqobot to catch 5 Hedgemole Crickets, then wait until 1am ET. Then continue fishing, catching the last Hedgemole Cricket to proc intuition and hopefully have a better chance of getting it. is there a command like

catchfish (Hedgemole Cricket, 5) 
    afkuntil 1:00ET

Can that be done?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by blahblahblah blahblahblah.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by blahblahblah blahblahblah.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

If you do that you will most likely get ‘the fish sense something amiss’ at 1am. The timer keeps ticking while youre not fishing and its super annoying. Just start fishing for crickets 1-2 minutes before the window. Their catch rate is high enough to proc the buff in time.

Id suggest making a new post next time. I almost missed your question because it was hidden.

Dmendell
    Participant
    2+

Miqo Seems to be ignoring the Weather affects check and just moving forward to the grid.

Also the AFK’s were commented out of the scenario was there a reason for that?

thanks all for any help.

Strife025
    Strife025
    Participant
    1+

Couple other errors for people who may have used this to complete their quest in 2019.

After wasting a couple sessions I realized that both the Mor Dhona North Shard (Kuno the Killer) and Isles of Umbra Southshore (Endoceras) have incorrect waypoints that will make you fish at a different hole which will never get you the Legendary Fish.

Kuno the Killer is a little too low and makes you fish at the Singing Shards (I had to add a few more waypoints north), and Endoceras currently makes you fish at Shipwreck shores to the East of where you want to be.

Just a heads up, fairly easy to add a few waypoints on existing grids. I haven’t used it for all the fish yet, I mainly use this in piecemeal when I see the window is up on ff14fish website timer.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Strife025 Strife025.

brutus
    Participant

Is anyone able to add their scenario with updated waypoints?

Kasxof
    Participant

Would also appreciate a scenario share

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.