False Scad Aethersand Farming

Forum Forums Grids and Presets False Scad Aethersand Farming

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sam 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

This is my first attempt at mapping anything out, and a down and dirty one at that because I was under a time constraint. I have since learned of a possible better way to do it, but have yet had to to research how some things work. As it stands this will do straight spearfishing on the 6 nodes that supply False Scad. You just have to manually turn on Collectors Glove and let it buck. I’ve been running it for about 2 and a half hours now and have not encountered any problems. To explain the waypoints, I had an issue with shark eye finding a closer Teeming Waters on 2 of the nodes then the ones that I wanted. With my limited knowledge on how waypoints and beacons work the quickest fix for me was to set a central waypoint and a scenario to bring you there between every node to ensure the wrong nodes were not being selected. I hope to have time tonight or tomorrow to fine tune this and make it prettier and more streamline, but for now I figured someone might get some use out of it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    DevOps
    DevOps
    Participant

I was actually just starting work on one myself however being at work means its hit and miss on when I get to work on it. That said I took a look at your grid and while it does work well it makes it dead obvious that you are botting(or maybe you just really like sightseeing in-between nodes). The dead give away for me was that I was out here making my own Grid when all of the sudden I noticed there was another person taking this really long round about route in-between nodes. I loaded your grid and then all of the sudden it made sense as to why he was swimming in such a weird pattern.

That all said 🙂 not bad for a first go… I’m pretty new to making Miqo-Grids myself so can’t say I’m much better.

Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Yeah that is a problem that I had with it as well, I tend to not bot unless I’m at my computer anyway, so for me it’s not too much of an issue if you get that rogue GM tell. Typically botting for me is when I’m working on homework. I want to tweak it a bit to hopefully cut a lot of the obvious away though. Thanks for the feed back!

vernatus
    vernatus
    Participant

Seems super over the top to me, I’ve included my own false scad grid for comparison. It also navigates you to the nodes from Tamamizu so you can just teleport there and start gathering.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Thanks Vernatus, I’m sure it is, as I said I was on a time constraint and have a lack of knowledge, so this was the quickest fix I knew how to implement without researching. I’ll look over yours and see what I can learn.

Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Vernatus, I’ve had a moment to look over your route, Thanks. I had learned that Beacon was the option i wanted to use, but well after I had me and had been running my script and well before I had the opportunity to play with it.

vernatus
    vernatus
    Participant

Yes, the beacon is kind of necessary due to the proximity of the southern nodes to that other field further south as you experienced. Also needed to make the bot go to the field from Tamamizu since it won’t detect anything from there.

I wish there were a few different beacon types to make some grids less botty looking but for now, that’s the only option really.

Garry
    Participant

Anyway to keep it spear fishing rather than it saying everything gathered ?

Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Garry trying increasing the gathering node count.

iq96
    Participant

Hello, i tried using both grids but my character stops after a few gather attempts, spamming shark eye, and bot message ” (19:05:23) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘<anything>’ *.* ”

any solution for this problem?

thank you in advance

vernatus
    vernatus
    Participant

Are you using Shark Eye 2? That’s the only thing I can think of. You are getting stuck because Shark Eye is finding a node that isn’t connected to the grid, which shouldn’t happen with my grid because of the beacon.

iq96
    Participant

Yes that was the problem, all good now, thank you very much for the fast reply

Sam
    Participant

hello just to sya sometimes it got stuck anyone have issues whit that?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.