EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) in other games.

Forum Forums Discussion EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) in other games.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vega 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

vega
    Participant

I try to keep it as simple as possible so there are no misunderstandings.

If i use Miqo while having FFXIV minimized and play… say Apex (EAC, Easy Anti Cheat), is miqo detectable through EAC.
    Even if there is no problem with ff i am wondering if Apex will give me the hammer regardless for what game miqo is.

I am no expert on these things so i apologize if the question is dumb or smth.

Thx in advance :)!

saten93
    Participant

What does EAC do? dopes it detected process you use on your PC to see if thrid party tools are being used? Does it detect code injectiion? what does it do

vega
    Participant

As i said i don’t know what exactly it does i am not an expert on this at all. I can’t even be called a newbie since i haven’t even started getting into any of it. Just asked to see if someone might encountered a similar “pair” of games with EAC.

dax
    Participant

Generally speaking NEVER run anything like miqo or any type of other program that could be considered a cheating program, disassembly program etc. Blizzard’s Warden (their anti cheat) and probably EAC and many others will scan with is running submit reports. It doesnt matter if it is hooked into that program or not. It is upto you whether you take the risk but most company’s will not take the risk. There are a few reports of people being banned for running c+ debuggers and having to prove that they where using it for work.

vega
    Participant

Thanks for the insight!

Negafox
    Participant

EAC has a hash list of the game binaries (DLLs and EXEs) and makes sure that: 1. You are running the game without an unauthorized external tool; and, 2. That the game files haven’t been tampered with. It makes it harder to run a hack. It probably does other things too but Kamu isn’t too open about that.

Warden checks that you aren’t running a known cheat program. It’s meant to ban people running known common hacks.

vega
    Participant

Thank you Negafox, i might just try it out then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘EAC (Easy Anti Cheat) in other games.’ is closed to new replies.