Does FFXIV have autobans?

Forum Forums Discussion Does FFXIV have autobans?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  AkiZero 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

AkiZero
    Participant

Hi,

basically my question is if the game has any kind of autoban/autodetect system and
    if they are looking for fast or repetitive inputs/choppy movement?
    Or is it really player based and I need to be reported by players?

Also is botting perma ban or temp ban?

Best regards 🙂

edgedy
    Participant
    1+

Nope. SE only bans if you’re reported by other players.

hummel
    hummel
    Participant
    1+

Typically, only RMT activities will get you an instant perma-ban.
    Just “normal” botting should only net a temp ban, if you are reported.

Note: The previous statement represents my own personal opinion, it is provided with absolutely no warranty and should not be relied upon in any way.

AkiZero
    Participant
    1+

Thank you guys for the answers! :3

shadowthegamer
    Participant
    1+

Generally, nobody will report you as long as you don’t do things that should be impossible for a human, such as gathering for over 3 hours (which I admit is possible, but suspicious at the very least), or crafting in a place you think no one goes to and then not react to people talking to you. And please don’t let Miqobot run on her own. Watch her so you can react when players start interacting with you.

My personal advice? I have been botting with Miqobot way before combat assist was a thing, I still do, and when it comes to gathering: Turn the game to borderless windowed, or windowed, pull up your favorite browser and start binge watching, then make your browser small enough so you can still see the chatlog. Why? When players emote you it is usually displayed in chat, and you will obviously notice better when someone talks to you.

As for crafting, look for private areas. Some examples are the guest rooms in every main city, some rare quest related areas, and there is also the… School(?) in Ishgard. What I mean with this is that there are some areas in the game where you are given absolute privacy. Heck, you can even make privacy by buying a small house and locking the doors, then pretend that you are working on your interior the entire time.

tl;dr
    Don’t wanna get caught? Hide well and watch over your helping kitty cat.

PS: Please ignore all typos if there are any. New keyboard, trying to get used to the new switches.

AkiZero
    Participant

Wow thank you so much for the detailed answer and the good tips! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.