Do something if inventory is full

Forum Forums Discussion Do something if inventory is full

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mavelo 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Eyefinity
    Participant

Hello,

this is my first post. The bot is pretty cool, good work!

I was thinking that it would be helpful to add the option to do something if the inventory is full. For example, if I’m gathering/crafting collectibles check for the inventory and if it’s full stop the current actions, skip to the chapter where I deliver the collectibles. Repeat.

I’m not sure if this is possible already, I started using the bot just a couple of days ago.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is just noise.

Eric,

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

It’s not possible already, and it would require (for scenarios) implementing a marker to say “skip here if the inventory is full”, which would probably come along under the planned flow control improvements. Simply skipping to “the chapter where I deliver the collectibles” isn’t feasible, because not all scenarios are collectible turn-in ones.

Eyefinity
    Participant

Hey Vixen, thank you for answering. First of all thank you for confirming that currently there’s no way to achieve this, secondly I probably should’ve added more detail to my idea since I’m not expecting the bot to know what scenario is the one that turns in collectibles. I was thinking of something where you actually specify the scenario/chapter, eg ifInvIsFullSkipTo(ScenarioWhereITurnInTheCollectibles).

Does that make sense?

Sorry for my english btw o7

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Eyefinity.
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

Your english is fine, no worries. I would expect a conditional function that takes a chapter to go to if your inventory is full is probably doable, but like I said, it’d come with the other planned scenario scripting functions, which is some ways out IIRC. Probably won’t be for a while, unfortunately.

mavelo
    Participant

I’d be happy with a chapter(9) command, 9 being the chapter number of course. I frequently end up with copies of scenarios, or large blocks of commented lines, simply because I was to do something slightly different. Being able to jump to specific chapters during execution would be nice, so I could keep everything related in a single scenario, and edit that one command as desired.

My simplified squadron/trust scenario…

1. set options, eat food, run once, extract, repair
    2. go to delivery npc, deliver gear
    3. move to exchange npc, ***buy ventures/dark-matter/material-containers***
    4. return to barracks

I have three commented code sections in chapter 3; one each for items regularly purchased. With a chapter() function, I could move those into their own chapters and change only one line of code to point to the desired chapter.

Maybe I’m an edge case, but seems like a useful addition.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.