disable combat assist built in delay

Forum Forums Discussion disable combat assist built in delay

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

little_one
    Participant

i know there is some built in delay for combat assist, 0.5 sec if im not wrong ?

anyway to disable that delay ?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  little_one.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

There is no built-in delay in the Assist Mode.

Please note, however, that your keybind mappings are important. If any of the hotbar abilities require Miqobot to switch between different hotbars, this will inevitably lead to actions triggering slower.
    If you wish Miqobot to execute abilities as fast as possible, please assign the necessary keybinds.

For additional information please follow these guides:
    1. Keybinds and Icons Recognition
    2. [Beta] Combat

Tykku
    Participant

I was wondering something about the Combat assist, is there a reason Miqo doesn’t “Queue up” abilities like a normal player would? This GCD loss does contribute to lower dps as a whole. Is there plan to implement combat ability queing?

shadowthegamer
    Participant

I’m curious but don’t understand a word. Could you explain what you mean?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, queueing GCDs is indeed better and would result in more DPS.
    The reason why Miqobot doesn’t do it is because this is an early beta of the Combat System. There are many improvements planned, including a GCD queueing algorithm.
    For Miqobot it will result in approximately +2% DPS.

You can find more information in the main beta thread: [Beta] Combat – Page 2

bottybot
    Participant

So correct me if I’m wrong, but does Miqobot prefer that my most common actions are 1 through to =? Does CTRL+1 to CTRL+= create a delay? Should I only put the 12 most used actions set on 1 to = and then the next 12 most common actions CTRL+1 – CTRL+=?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Modifier keys like Ctrl / Alt / Shift do not create additional delays and do not impact performance.
    You can use them in any combination: Ctrl+, Alt+, Ctrl+Alt+, Ctrl+Alt+Shift+, and so on.

A shortcut with a modifier key requires 0.25 seconds to be registered correctly, but this is a delay that occurs after the action is triggered, not before. And since the game has a soft animation lock of 0.75 seconds, it’s impossible to trigger another action anyway. Therefore it does not affect the rotation.

The performance impact is created when your action is located on a hotbar without a direct keybind assigned to it.
    In this case, Miqobot must use three keybinds in order to send a single action:
    Switch To Another Hotbar -> Action -> Switch To First Hotbar.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.