Difference between "workFor() and workUntil()?

Forum Forums Discussion Difference between "workFor() and workUntil()?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Chomosuke Chomosuke 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there.

I’m trying to make some new scenarios that will take me to different places at different times.
    I want to gather materials for Lemonade. Some materials are there all the time, and one is on a timer.

Through trial and error I got ‘workUntil’ to function for what I need, but while doing so I was curious as what ‘workFor’ does?
    I initially tried it and it didn’t work for what I needed. They seem to be a similar function.

All I know is that one worked for me, and the other didn’t but I don’t know why.

Thanks!

mormonkey
    Participant
    1+

one is workuntil meaning it will work until certain time IE work from now until 00:03:01ET
    the other one workFor is as the name suggest work for (time) that means do the same thing for 1hour for example 00:01:00

example use (sudo)

workFor(00:01:00)
    wayPoint(1)
    wayPoint(2)

this will go point 1 the point 2 . and will keep doing so for 1hour. you can do the same by adding ET at the end so it will do it for one ET hour. which is 5mins If I remember correctly.

Chomosuke
    Chomosuke
    Participant
    1+

if I want a timed node I’ll have the scenario teleport me to the area, navigate to waypoint and afkUntil the node pops. Then, tp away to somewhere else / other gather/ afk at estate hall to stay away from player populations. For example;

//Imperial Fern @ 12 – 2 PM
    teleportIf(Stilltide)
    changeJob(BTN)
    gatherPreset(Imperial Fern)
    waypoint(2)
    afkUntil(12:01et)
    startGathering(1)
    sendIcon(2, 12, 1.5)
    teleportIf(Estate Hall)
    afkUntil(13:30et)

Instead of teleportIf(Estate Hall) you could just start a new chapter after sendIcon, then have your scenario begin the next step you want to take.

Edit: as a sidenote, I have it setup so that miqo arrives within a minute of the node popping, generally 31 mins eorzea time is enough in this example to get from the stilltide tp to the node. Then I’d get back to my estate hall when it’s finished gathering and afk until the next node this scenario is setup for pops. I separate each node / activity by chapter this way.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Chomosuke Chomosuke.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.