Did I get busted?

Forum Forums Discussion Did I get busted?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Andylynyn 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

YoToDoShi
    Participant

So I was just blacksmith crafting in the squad room in Limsa…when all of a sudden I get kicked out of the game. I have done this before with no issues.

I go to log back in and it said I have to wait for my character to log out??

After a few mins I login….AND IM AT A DIFFERENT SPOT WITH A DIFFERENT CLASS?? I’m magically back to spot and class I was playing over an hour ago, a miner getting ores?

Did I get busted? What is happening?

Midori
    Midori
    Participant

Weird. The only thing that would do that is if someone else logged into your account but that sounds too cryptic. Hard to tell.

YoToDoShi
    Participant

Yes I’m weirded out.

I retained my exp and level that i had inside the squad room…

But im across the world and as a miner when I log back in??

If it was a dc or something, at least I would be back in Limsa upon relog… but no I’m in a completely different continent

I haven’t received an email or any communication yet either

redwolfred
    Participant

Your disconnect and having to wait a tiny bit to relog thing is pretty normal, it happens. Fairly often if it’s a high traffic day, in fact, that ‘you must wait to log in’ thing means you’re trying to get back in before your character is fully ‘logged out’ game-side; if someone went to limsa they’d have still seen you there. Logging in in a completely different spot though, that’s definitely not.. do you have a keyfob on your account? You might wanna get one. If you keep getting logged out, change your password and assume your account got stolen.

3+

You can go to your mog station and look for the last 10 loggin locations and find if there is any strange ones there

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    6+

Looks like an instance server crashed and your character got transported to a previous stable location. Happened to me in the past as well. I was gathering some new mats when the server crashed and after login my character was in a different spot and all the mats got unlearned in my gathering log. They were still in inventory but the gathering log said i never discovered them.

YoToDoShi
    Participant

I always use an authenticator. I did check my mogstation and ps5 came up on the list which i haven’t used in a week, which is weird. But someone else logging in shouldn’t teleport you back in time tho? I changed password anyway

I thought it was a server crash as well but nobody else in my FC was disconnected so IDK what it was? I still didn’t receive any warnings or emails so I have no idea what’s happening….

If you use a one time password is virtually impossible for someone else to log unless they hacked that too

Drudicta
    Drudicta
    Participant
    1+

What Lyfox said, it’s happened to me as far back as HW.

YoToDoShi
    Participant

Thanks for the replies. I feel a lot better now. Love this community!

Andylynyn
    Participant

I always use an authenticator. I did check my mogstation and ps5 came up on the list which i haven’t used in a week, which is weird. But someone else logging in shouldn’t teleport you back in time tho? I changed password anyway

I thought it was a server crash as well but nobody else in my FC was disconnected so IDK what it was? I still didn’t receive any warnings or emails so I have no idea what’s happening….

If it makes you feel better btw, Sony and Square have assbackward interactions with FFXIV accounts on their services.

An account becomes perma-locked to your PSN profile to be able to access FFXIV, you even have to send them a support ticket for them to EVALUATE the possibility of changing it, and then wait up to 48 hours for the change to be committed.

So your PS5 logging in might have just been a weird bug, because unless you share your PSN account, ain’t no way someone’s logging into your FF account on PS5 without your actual playstation account too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.