Desynthesis by name – how safe is it?

Forum Forums Discussion Desynthesis by name – how safe is it?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

I see that the desynthesis-by-name list has the same * entry at the bottom as the gather-by-name list. My worry is that this means that Miqo will desynth all of the listed items by name and then move on to literally everything else that can be desynthesised in the selected inventories. Now, I’m pretty sure I’m wrong about that, because it means that there would be no point whatsoever to having a desynth-by-name list since it’d just go over everything anyway, but call it paranoia if you want, I’m not quite willing to try.

Can someone break down for me exactly how the desynthesis feature works? Or, more accurately I suppose, how exactly I go about using it to desynthesise only specific items and nothing else?

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    1+

It is as you said, the * is just there cause probably UI-Related things, so you can add the first or additional names.

The presets you can save, only saves the “allow partial match”-setting and the names provided. It is not saving the “search in”-boxes.

If you start the desynthesis, miqo will go with each name in the list and desynthesize each item which matches this criteria. So if you have “Lakeland” and “Ravel Keeper’s”, ticked the box for allow partial match and just ticked the “inventory” box. Then miqo will first desnythesize all Equip which contains the word “Lakeland” (Holminster Switch Equip) and after that it will continue with all Equip with “Ravels Keeper’s” (Qitana Ravel Equip).

If you just have a * in it, miqo wont desnythesize anything.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Okay, so the * is just a placeholder, probably using the same UI code as the gather-by-name. It won’t actually match things. Good to know, thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.