[Crafting]Which crossclass skills while leveling 1-50?

Forum Forums Discussion [Crafting]Which crossclass skills while leveling 1-50?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FaradayChain 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

donny666
    Participant

I’m ~20 on everyone, does anyone know what skills are recommended by the bot for low level HQ solves? I’ve been messing around at 15 with Rumination, Tricks of the Trade and Hasty Touch. I tried ingenuity, but the bot never really aimed for it

I raised my CP up to 251, should I aim for more by slotting in gp into every slot for better algorithm solves?

Thank you!

FaradayChain
    Participant

Tricks of the trade and hasty touch seemed to be the main two. I think careful synthesis is used as well. The best way to make low level HQ items is to have some HQ materials to hand.

The solver can only do so much at low levels, its major reliance on hasty touch and tricks means that the outcome is never going to be 100% reliable if you’re not over-levelling the craft.

I wouldn’t bother too much with melding at that level, better just to grind through it, it gets a lot more reliable after 50 with careful synthesis 2 and byregot’s blessing.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Read this topic. It’s a bit outdated, but it will go for you until you hit lvl70 with crafters (after that there are small replacements in the list – for example, Waste Not becomes quite useful again, to be used before Preparatory Touch).

FaradayChain
    Participant

Relating specifically to 70 or below:

I don’t think I ever saw the solver use waste not when I had it enabled – it always seemed to prefer master’s mend. Same with ingenuity – the very few times it was used wasn’t worth the time for the inclusion within the calculation. Sometimes with this checked it could take over 30 seconds to calculate a solve. I think it’s something to do with its tendency to prefer tricks over everything else. Maybe without tricks enabled it’s used more.

I found it a much better use of time to gather HQ materials if necessary. That was pretty much the only way to more or less guarantee an HQ craft.

Post 70:

Once you get to level 71 macros are much more versatile and can HQ pretty much everything assuming you have the yellow scrip gear set or better. The solver is basically redundant apart from crafting low level stuff.

For reference, this is my LEVEL 80 action setup macro. No tricks, hasty touch is only there because the solver doesn’t like it if it’s missing. This then covers the solver and all useful macros from level 1 to level 80**. I got my macros and gear setups from ff14guild and xivcraftingguide websites.

/aaction clear
    /aaction “Comfort Zone” on
    /aaction “Innovation” on
    /aaction “Waste Not” on
    /aaction “Waste Not II” on
    /aaction “Ingenuity” on
    /aaction “Ingenuity II” on
    /aaction “Muscle Memory” on
    /aaction “Careful Synthesis II” on
    /aaction “Hasty Touch” on
    /aaction “Manipulation” on
    /echo Cross-class action setup complete <se.1>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.