Crafting solver miscalculates progress?

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting solver miscalculates progress?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Krude
    Participant

At least i assume that’s what happens. I was trying to craft some logs, but Miqo basically completed the craft without even trying to HQ it in like 9 steps. (No i don’t have Ignore Quality ticked.) I assume it tries to get completion close to done but miscalculates and overshoots, resulting in an early finish without any quality done.

Here’s the crafting log:
    https://pastebin.com/6CQ7EvqJ

Here’s the solver log:
    https://pastebin.com/hrMuww07

These logs are from a craft where it failed the first hasty touch, or else it would have finished even sooner.

This makes it impossible for me currently to HQ these items. 🙁
    Well, via bot at least.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea it happens in some rare cases its described in the guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-crafting/#solver-advices
    Looking at your logs its mistaken only by 3 points. Do a CS2 step yourself then start Miqo crafting. Should be ok.

Krude
    Participant

That’s very unfortunate. I was about to let Miqo craft several hundreds of items over night, to level and spiritbond (and also stockpile said HQ items), and just before i was about to switch off the monitor, i saw her very quickly crafting a NQ item and took a closer look.

Doing a CS2 step myself kinda defeats the purpose of having bulk automation – do i have to supervise the hundreds of crafts and press CS2 myself every time or do i only have to do it on the first one, and the bot remembers the correct values for all subsequent crafts? Since i’m crafting hundreds of items, i have to use the scenario engine to craft them in bulks of 50 and then repair, otherwise all my equipment breaks before i’m done. Does it retain the “learned” corrected values then? Also, as i said i’m still leveling the class, so after like 40-50 crafts Miqo will level up and recalculate with new stats, and i won’t be there to do a manual CS2 again.

Would it help to uncheck “Progress first”, i.e. will it do progress last then? Calculation time doesn’t really matter much for my scenario.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

You only have to do it once at start. Only for this specific combination of level/craftsmanship/recipe. When you level up the bug should go away.

Also you can temporarily remove RS from your hotbar and i think it will help too.
    Or equip a different tool to change your stats.
    Or replace CS2 with Basic Synthesis.

Anyway like i said the thing is very rare. Ive encountered it only once in all my time with Miqo and it quickly went away after level up.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!
    We will use the data you have provided to improve the internal formulae used by Miqobot for the next version.

As @lyfox suggested correctly, a temporary workaround is to slightly alter the input parameters. Even a simple Craftsmanship change may help Miqobot detect the dangerous case and avoid using Rapid Synthesis twice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.