Crafting Solver abilities

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting Solver abilities

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vega 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vega
    Participant

So, i saw a few changelogs where i see groundwork and others being used abilities in the crafting solver (i think).

While the solver still works great for me, it mainly uses rapid synthesis , basic synthesis, hasty touch , basic touch. I had a few runs where it just straight up failed hard due to really unlucky rng.

Mind that i do not think it’s a bad thing at all, i can totally live with a few unlucky crafts here and there. But i am wondering if that is the best possible rotation done by the crafting solver, or if i just missed smth. important so that he can’t access other abilities. (they are on the hotbar).

tldr: is solver ever using groundwork and i can’t access it or is rapid + hasty rng just the go to rotation for the solver.

Thanks for reading everyone :3

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

is solver ever using groundwork

Yes, Groundwork is a part of Crafting Solver’s algorithm. But its usage is limited.
    In most cases, using Groundwork is not optimal due to additional CP cost and reduced number of chances to encounter a Good / Excellent condition.

is rapid + hasty rng just the go to rotation for the solver.

RNG abilities are always the optimal path for maximum efficiency.

While the solver still works great for me, it mainly uses rapid synthesis , basic synthesis, hasty touch , basic touch. I had a few runs where it just straight up failed hard due to really unlucky rng.

Miqobot does not include an emotional response. Regardless of how many times Rapid Synthesis fails, Crafting Solver continues to follow the optimal synthesis path. It will make no attempt to salvage a failing craft.
    There is no magic that would allow RNG abilities to succeed. If the RNG has decided that the current synthesis must fail, it will fail.

However, when Crafting Solver detects a 100% solution that does not depend on Good / Excellent procs, it will stop using RNG abilities automatically.

But i am wondering if that is the best possible rotation done by the crafting solver

Yes, the rotation including RNG abilities is the best possible rotation.
    But you can manipulate the way RNG affects your crafts by simply removing it from your hotbar.

• If you craft a lot of expert recipes and would like to achieve maximum rating over a big number of crafts, then RNG abilities are paramount.
    • If you craft only a few recipes and would like to see a stable process instead, then please remove RNG abilities from hotbar.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

if i just missed smth. important so that he can’t access other abilities. (they are on the hotbar).

A simple way to verify whether an ability is in use by Crafting Solver is to remove it from hotbar during the synthesis. (You can do it during Trial Synthesis as well.)
    If Crafting Solver freezes and starts recalculating the solution, that ability was in use.

vega
    Participant

this covers all my questions splendidly. tyvm 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.