Crafting question for newbie

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting question for newbie

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Vixen Vixen 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

shinya kogami
    Participant

So I used the “recommended” option to start crafting which is all good. However, how come I cannot enter anything into the “macro” box – it is always greyed out. I read the tutorial but it already assumes you can type macro in it.

Also as a complete newbie, is it ok for simpleness to just rely on “recommended” option in the miqobot crafting for all the crafting needs? Like I dont want to mess around with macro unless I MUST.

How does the recommended action in miqobot actually work? I originally though I had to input the crafting rotations etc but just using it as is seems to do quite well. Thx.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

The macro box is mutually exclusive with the solver algorithms. It’s only for if you have a set sequence of actions that you want to always use, unconditionally. Miqobot will handle starting the craft and hitting the buttons, but you have to tell her which ones to hit.

The solver – which, generally speaking, is often the better option unless you’re doing very underlevel crafts – will instead calculate the optimal actions to take at each step in order to maximise quality and still guarantee craft completion. With the solver, Miqobot will not only handle starting the craft and hitting the buttons, she’ll intelligently decide which buttons to hit when.

The recommended solver preset is good for most crafts, balancing between calculation time and memory needed vs maximising optimal results. Personally, I use 2:1 chunks, manipulation, and innovation, but I leave waste not turned off. If you want to use the macro for manually assigning steps for whatever reason, untick the “use” box in the solver section. Otherwise, just set the craft count, hit start, and leave it to Miqo.

shinya kogami
    Participant

thxm. what does manipulation, innovation and “waste not” mean as I dont get it the explanation is also very cryptic.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Those are skills you unlock as a crafter by leveling up. In terms of Miqobot, you can mouse over the checkboxes to see what effects they have on the solver. For instance, Waste Not is usually left off because it triples the calculation time but only offers an average of 0.5% more HQ outputs. It’s generally considered just not worth it. Usually, you want the other two on though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.