Crafting macro, F keys problem

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting macro, F keys problem

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

Hi,

Wonderful bot, I can’t wait for the upcoming releases (gathering by name, AI craft, etc.).

I just encountered a problem with the temporary crafting macro features. My hot-bars use lots of F keys short-cuts (F10, CTRL+F10, SHIFT+F10, etc.) and after creating the following macro I got a strange behaviour :

shift+f10, shift+f2, i, f3, f3, f10, f3, f3, i, p, o, y, f12

Instead of doing a SHIFT+F10, Miqobot typed a SHIFT+1 (which is my FC Menu short-cut), in the output area she said she typed a shift+f10 (18:38:24) Crafting step 1 -> key ‘shift+f10’ but FFXIV didn’t recognised that as a SHIFT+F10.
    Another example, for f3, she’s typing a 3 instead of a F3. So it seems she has some troubles with F keys.

With the same short-cuts, she has no problem fishing and gathering.
    If I do the macro myself by pressing myself all the listed keys, it works.

So for now, I changed the short-cuts that were using an F key, Miqobot crafting feature works as intended that way, but when she’ll be done, I will have to change back the short-cuts so I can play like I’m used to.

So, is there something I’m doing wrong, or is there a bug with F keys?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Indeed, we have overlooked F1-F12 keys when we implemented macro feature. At the moment, only letters and numbers supported. But this is an easy adjustment, so we are going to implement it for the upcoming version of Miqobot.

When using icons from hotbars, there’s a different algorithm involved which takes keys directly from your ingame keybinds. So this is just an issue with macro parser.

Thank you for this detailed explanation 🙂
    This is well described in terms of feature request, so we can easily implement it right away.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Ok perfect then, I will use this workaround until the next release.

Thanks for adding those keys to the next version.

Mochi
    Mochi
    Participant

Nice job. c: I use the crafting rotations often, but have never used any f1 keys. So far for me. :c Good thing it’s been reported for future uses though.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Both Gathering and Crafting Macros accept F1-F12 keys, as well as Numpad 0 – Numpad 9 keys, in Miqobot v1.2.4.

This is described under Crafting Macros guide, but this feature applies to Gathering as well.

dc0ke
    dc0ke
    Participant
    1+

Can we also get the following four keys?

“`”
    “-”
    “=”
    “Backspace”

I use the entire first (“F1”-“F12”) and second (“`”-“Backspace”) row of keys for my hotbars.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by dc0ke dc0ke.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Already there 🙂

Back Quote key (`), Minus key (-), and Equals key (=) are recognized by Miqobot as is.
    Miqobot supports the following punctuation keys:

• Minus (-)
    • Equals (=)
    • Comma (,)
    • Period (.)
    • Semicolon (;)
    • Apostrophe (‘)
    • Back Quote (`)
    • Slash (/)
    • Backslash (\) – not to be confused with another backslash key which is named OEM 102
    • Left Bracket ([)
    • Right Bracket (])

Also, if your keyboard has other punctuation keys, it is possible that the game uses similar key codes for them, and thus they are also supported.

But please be careful with dead keys (diacritics). They alter the keyboard state on a system level and will interfere with your typing. More about this in the Known Issues section of Miqobot v1.2.4.
    Appreciation to @gregye for discovering and reporting this issue.

To use Backspace, type {bs} in the macro box. You can use it with Ctrl/Alt/Shift as usual: ctrl+alt+{bs}
    To use other cursor control and special keys, please follow this reference:

• Backspace - {bs}
    • Tab - {tab}
    • Enter - {enter}
    • Esc - {esc}
    • Spacebar - {space}
    • Insert - {ins}
    • Delete - {del}
    • Home - {home}
    • End - {end}
    • Page Up - {pgup}
    • Page Down - {pgdn}
    • Left Arrow - {left}
    • Up Arrow - {up}
    • Right Arrow - {right}
    • Down Arrow - {down}
    • Print Screen - {printscreen}
    • Pause - {pause}
    • OEM 102 - {oem_102}

Case is irrelevant, you may type either in lowercase, in uppercase, or in combination of both.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.