Crafting flaw?

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting flaw?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

atrax29
    Participant

I’ve been NQ’ing a lot of 6377 crafts. My stats are fine; 523 cp, I can HQ everytime with my macros, but this bot insists in using patient touch twice in a row, until they succeed, which has a high chance of failure, and if it does, it keeps trying. Anyway to make it so it only uses it once? I’ve considered just taking it off my bar, but it is a very valuable action if used right.

https://gyazo.com/ca4dde0bdd9e87e6fc4e283b05a84640

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Are you sure you’re not missing any actions on your hotbar? You need all of them, even the ones you would think are useless, the bot needs them.
    One time I forgot to put one, and I encountered a similar problem, the problem never came back once I made sure I had all of them on the hotbar, with a shortcut for every of them.

atrax29
    Participant

An action that’s going to prevent whats happening, which is blowing all my duration on failing patient touch over and over again (in screenshot)? I have not seen a macro yet that attempts this (using it twice back to back), for this reason. There’s too much rng involved. I can go a while without failing one, then all of the sudden I could fail 2-4 in a row. Failing patient touch, you lose half your inner quiet stacks, it’s a huge penalty.

But on that subject, I’ve been using miqo since 4.1. I know how important it is to have all actions on your bar.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Its gamblers fallacy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy
    Patient touch has exactly the same success rate as Hasty touch. Youve encountered a bad rng once or twice and now you think it will always be like that. Math on Patient touch is explained in Upgrade Stage 2 thread. Even if it fails it quickly builds back because success rate is 80%.

Then again if youre so confident that Solver does wrong you can use Macro feature its also there.
    Could you show a full crafting log created by Solver? Your screenshot just shows a bad piece of rng which is not related to Miqo.

atrax29
    Participant

Suceeding in 2 patient touches in a row is what 64% chance? With a penalty of losing half your stacks when it fails, that’s far worse than hasty touch. Should only use it once, just like any online solver does. The bot will literally not stop until is succceeds two in a row (yes it’s miqo). And I never said it will always be like that. But it shouldn’t even happen. Why bring up hasty touch to compare anyway? There’s a reason why ppl avoid it like the plague.

atrax29
    Participant

I didn’t have logs enabled, so I’ll have to wait till next time:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Ok i see your point. You dont want to remove it from your hotbar but using it to build 5+ stacks is a flaw right? This is exactly the biased perception im talking about. But no matter its too subjective to argue about.

I think an advanced setting would solve your issue. We can make a request to devs if you want. Though they are currently busy with implementing combat support. Try tech support they are usually fast with answers: https://miqobot.com/#support

atrax29
    Participant

Yes, it’s me being biased in saying patient touch should only be used once.. not six times.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

So have you contacted tech support?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Strictly mathematically speaking, Lyfox is correct.
    It doesn’t matter how many times Patient Touch fails. If Crafting Solver decided to switch strategy after a few unsuccessful steps, it would lead to even worse HQ output in the end. Miqobot always selects the most optimal route based on the current situation, regardless of previous RNG history. She does not consider emotions, only pure math.

The fact that Miqobot uses Patient Touch at all means that the recipe you craft is too complex to HQ with only 100% abilities. Otherwise she would detect this case and skip Patient Touch completely.
    (You can disable 100% routes in Advanced Settings for a small computational boost, but here we assume you didn’t do it. Please correct us if necessary.)

Therefore forcing Miqobot to use Patient Touch only once and never again is a suboptimal route.
    According to our calculations, it will decrease average HQ rate by 9.4%.

However, we understand that for a human player less RNG is usually a more enjoyable experience. All right, we will implement an advanced setting that will force AI to abandon Patient Touch after third IQ stack.
    Thank you for your request!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.