Crafting, Ctrl+ other programs

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting, Ctrl+ other programs

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

noobymaster
    Participant

I was encountering a small issue where when scrolling down Facebook or other websites on Chrome when a key is executed with ctrl+ it will make me zoom in/out on the page.

May not make a difference but my keyboard is a Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013.

Has anybody else had this issue, if so any fixes?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are looking into your issue, but first we have to be able to reproduce the bug.
    Could you please give us more specifics about your hardware and operating system? We will try to recreate your environment as close as possible and see what we can do 🙂

noobymaster
    Participant

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD FX-8350 40 °C
    Vishera 32nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (10-10-10-27)
    Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. 990FXA-UD5 (CPU 1) 39 °C
    Graphics
    LCD MONITOR (1920×1080@60Hz)
    DELL E173FP (1280×1024@75Hz)
    4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (XFX Pine Group) 86 °C
    Storage
    465GB Seagate ST3500312CS ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 (SATA) 28 °C
    119GB Corsair Force GS (SSD) 38 °C
    931GB Western Digital WDC WD1003FZEX-00MK2A0 (SATA) 29 °C
    2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0 (SATA) 30 °C
    Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H60N
    Audio
    Corsair Vengeance 2100 Headset

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you very much!
    We will be performing tests using the most similar equipment we can get, and I’m sure we’ll find the reason behind this.

RedBear
    Participant

I’m not completely sure but if miqobot is emulating key strokes then when you have chrome as main focus usually ctrl+ and ctrl- will zoom the pages in and out so that could very easily be the problem as when miqobot inputs those keyboard commands chrome is picking up on them and zooming in and/or out. You should probably try changing your keyboard shortcuts. That or miqobot could directly inject the commands into the memory for the game but that would not be a good idea since it would make it easier and more likely detected by SE.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for the feedback!
    Please don’t worry. Of course we are not going to implement any injections 🙂

You are right that Miqobot is emulating keystrokes instead of injecting them. And it is true that in some rare cases this method may interfere with a foreground window. But we aim to implement Miqobot’s AI in the most graceful way possible, and that’s why we are always looking for ways to improve Miqobot.

At the moment we are investigating the issue, and we can’t say exactly whether it will or will not be fixed.
    We’ll let you know as soon as we have more data.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We have managed to reproduce the bug.
    And we’re already working on a solution. No injections needed, it will be fixed by using a slightly different approach to sending keys.

Thank you for reporting very much! 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We have made the necessary adjustments, and the issue with Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys is fixed in Miqobot v1.2.4.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

If you still experience the issue with the latest Miqobot, I would like to point out that windows 10 allows you to scroll webpages while having other applications in focus simply by hovering your mouse over the browser. Most noticeably when using dual monitors. So let’s say you have the game on monitor one, and everything else on monitor two. If you’re game is in ‘focus’ and you hover your mouse over your browser on monitor two then you’ll be able to scroll even though the game is in focus. Therefore if Miqobot uses the control key it will effect your browser because windows thinks you’re trying to use it there.

Best thing to do at that point is to click on the browser and let Miqobot play the game while your ‘focus’ is elsewhere and there shouldn’t be any conflicts.

Another thing: if you have the ‘always on top’ button selected, it is still possible for the game to be in focus even if Miqo is on top of it. So it’s easy to think miqo is in focus when it’s not.

This isn’t something that Miqo would have any control over. I’m not saying that this is the OP’s problem but if anyone has the new version and still experiences this behavior, they might want to consider what window they have in focus at the time.

Hope this helps someone.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you very much for this information!
    We haven’t considered this scenario yet.

The main issue was that the previous keystrokes emulation algorithm altered the global keyboard state on a system level (specifically for Ctrl/Alt/Shift keys). But the game doesn’t read the global keyboard state, a simple WinAPI message is enough. Altering the keyboard state was an overkill, so we removed it.
    Along with multiple other adjustments and optimizations, this resulted in a more stable algorithm.

Do you actually experience this behaviour in Miqobot v1.2.4 on Windows 10?
    Please let us know if you do. If the issue is still not fixed completely, we might have to add it to Known Issues section, along with your recommendations on how to avoid it.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    1+

To be honest Miqo, I’ve never run into it. I can test it out and see what happens by putting a few abilities on a ‘control +’ keybind and see what happens when I scroll on the second monitor. In my opinion I would just recommend putting it up as a ‘known issue’. I can’t really see adding more resources just to avoid something like that. That’s up to you of course. Like I said, all anyone has to do is just their focus to something other then the game and they’re fine. Anyway, I’ll try it out and get back with you.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Win 10 here, my second hotbar on ctrl+. Dont see this in new Miqo. My mouse on 2nd monitor scrolling chrome while Miqo spams Hasty Touch with ctrl+8. The game has focus (its 60 fps now and I always have that limit frame rate when inactive).
    But still thanks for the tip.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    2+

Oops… I forgot to do some testing for you, but looks like Lyfox got it. 🙂 Thanks Lyfox!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you both for raising the question and finding the truth together.
    Now we have one less thing to worry about 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Teamwork ftw!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.