Crafting Broken?

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting Broken?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HiThere23
    HiThere23
    Participant

I’ve tried looking for someone else having a similar issue or there being a thread/update about this but I haven’t seen one yet and I’ve done all I can on my end so I’m not sure what’s up.

Every time I try and craft anything more complicated than a two-step craft (old recipes and the like that are HQ and finish in one press each) Miqo gets confused and seems to get stuck spamming Observe until Good or Ex proc, then either uses a touch action or ToT. After like a minute of this the game freezes and crashes while Miqo just cheekily tells me “Game lost! Can’t play anymore :(”

I’ve tried clean reinstalling and gotten the same results. Haven’t tried on another PC yet, but can’t think of what’d make my PC different from someone else’s. Even thought it might be a crafting addon I have through Dalamud fucking with something as of the update but completely deleting that results in the exact same behavior from Miqo.

Gathering, scenarios, and every other function seems to work just fine, it’s only crafting EW recipes I’m having issues with.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

That usually happens when Miqo cant find a proper crafting sequence with the skills you give her. Most likely you forgot to put something important on hotbar like Masters Mend or Synthesis. Could you post a screenshot of your hotbar?

HiThere23
    HiThere23
    Participant

Ok so Master’s Mend wasn’t on my hotbar (hasn’t been for a while though so that shouldn’t have been the issue) and now she instead spams Rapid Synth and Veneration with Master’s Mend when it gets to half durability. Rinse, repeat, fail to get decent quality on the craft.

I can 100% this craft using the macro suggested by Craftimizer (or hand-crafting) so I’m not sure why Miqo isn’t able to see the same potential solutions and is instead doing what I do when I’m baked out of my mind and crafting lol

This is confusing the crap out of me because I know for a fact I didn’t change anything between working and not.

Please excuse the god-awful hotbars anyone who sees this, I promise the rest of my screen isn’t as badly organized as my crafting bars

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    HiThere23
    HiThere23
    Participant

So I tried removing the Rapid Synth from my hotbar and now she does indeed behave a little more as to be expected, getting progress as high as possible then going for quality, but she seems only capable of doing Ven + Careful / Basic synth

Putting Rapid on the hotbar again results in her spamming that instead and generally fucking the craft up.

Removing master’s mend as well results in observe spam until crashing, same as original error

This is on basically any recipe I try to craft that can’t be TE’d into HQ

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Well if you dont want Miqo to use Masters Mend make sure you give her some other means to restore durability. Both Manipulation and Waste Not are considered CPU expensive tools so you have to specifically enable them in solver settings.

Rapid Synth is just RNG. If you dont want RNG to fail your craft just remove it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.