Could you make it so we can resize the Miqobot window?

Forum Forums Discussion Could you make it so we can resize the Miqobot window?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Hikarin Hikarin 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Hikarin
    Hikarin
    Participant
    1+

The small window makes it very hard to read the gathering presets.

Not sure if the picture on the right side taking up 1/4 of the window is really needed. That space could be used to expand the UI and make reading a lot easier.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Manually adjusting the layout is one thing, but allowing resizing of the window requires that the layout be fluid and “intelligent” so that it can adjust automatically to different window dimensions. That’s a good bit harder. In any event, I believe that a resizable window is part of the QoL updates plan, which is significantly delayed by Endwalker changing so much.

Hikarin
    Hikarin
    Participant
    1+

Manually adjusting the layout is one thing, but allowing resizing of the window requires that the layout be fluid and “intelligent” so that it can adjust automatically to different window dimensions. That’s a good bit harder. In any event, I believe that a resizable window is part of the QoL updates plan, which is significantly delayed by Endwalker changing so much.

Good to know that it’s planned. But still, $10 a month, almost as much as the FFXIV sub… hmm. Great bot. UI, not so much. I still don’t understand why 1/4 of the window is a blank space with a picture on it. Such wasted space.

dana
    Participant
    3+

Good to know that it’s planned. But still, $10 a month, almost as much as the FFXIV sub… hmm. Great bot. UI, not so much. I still don’t understand why 1/4 of the window is a blank space with a picture on it. Such wasted space.

Unsub if you don’t enjoy it, and don’t pick on the picture, I love it being there. Everything else is QoL which will come in time.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  dana.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

Unsub if you don’t enjoy it, and don’t pick on the picture, I love it being there. Everything else is QoL which will come in time.

Don’t do this. This is constructive criticism and I’m sure it’s appreciated by the Miqo Team to realize that there is demand for a more malleable UI.

What you’re doing is basically “Don’t complain or offer suggestions, if you don’t like it sod off.” – If you want a product to grow, this is exactly what you don’t do. And I’m sure, again, even Miqo would agree with that statement.

Regardless I’d love to have a more customizable UI as well, and the fact that you can choose if the picture shows up or not is already a nice touch, so obviously there’s a reason for that option to be there, I’m assuming it was requested as well. Some people don’t like the image and more options is NEVER a bad thing. It makes it hit better with more people.

I don’t get why this is a thing but, constructive criticism isn’t immediately “Waaaah I want this”, and it shouldn’t be met with a stern “Sod off” reply either.

Arc
    Arc
    3+

The Miqobot team appreciates any kind of constructive criticism, ideas and suggestions, therefore rude, silencing “if you don’t like it, go away” type comments are not appreciated.

I’m sure the suggestion of this topic will either be considered or at least the decision why resizing the window is not possible will be explained soon.

dana
    Participant
    2+

I don’t have a problem with requests for the bot, I just didnt like the way he said it.

Andylynyn
    Participant

If you fight rude with rude, you’re fighting a losing battle. That’s all

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yea if someones being rude to you just ignore them. Rude comments dont hold any value and are easily forgotten.

Hikarin
    Hikarin
    Participant

I don’t have a problem with requests for the bot, I just didnt like the way he said it.

Well it isn’t really my problem if that’s how you interpreted it. I’ve simply made my case. I really don’t understand why. There’s really no other way for me to express it other than ”Why is 1/4 of the window blank space”?

Given that you are given the option to hide the picture, it personally just doesn’t make sense to me to have that wasted space.

Just my one honest critique.

Billbo Baggins
    Billbo Baggins
    Participant
    1+

How about instead of infinitely resizeable, maybe a larger window setting? It might be less work.

Nott
    Participant
    1+

I think a “minimal” setting would be cool. To get around its size, I usually have it “always on top” and dragged off the monitor so that just the “finish” button is visible while I have it doing anything… Something like having it in the notifications bar could be cool too. I’m still in love with the idea of a phone app to control it but that and the notification panel is pretty far out of scope 😛

Edit: By minimal, I’m imagining a simple box no larger than say the finish button itself and some counter or indicator of craft/gather/instances left to completion. The bot window could remain as is but stay minimized until the task is done, it is forced to stop or the minimal window is closed.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  Nott.
    Ral
    Ral
    Participant

I am glad to see that the team are looking at these things in the future. This program has so much potential and for some people I have shown it the UI and awkwardness of it puts them off sadly.

Hikarin
    Hikarin
    Participant

How about instead of infinitely resizeable, maybe a larger window setting? It might be less work.

Yeah, that would work too.

Being able to change the order of the presets and grids would be great too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.