Could the radar be theoretically used to detect invisible GMs?

Forum Forums Discussion Could the radar be theoretically used to detect invisible GMs?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nonagave 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

reimuhakurei
    Participant

Or do they hide themselves in a way that they don’t even register in the client’s memory?

Nonagave
    Participant

in the past, in other mmos I’ve seen gm’s play normal characters … they play content, they talk to people like players, they join guilds, etc.

its like under cover NYC police driving a taxi

and yeah, if they wanted to be hidden, why would they show up on the client?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is a very interesting topic.
    We haven’t met Game Masters in person yet, so we can’t say exactly what is happening when they become invisible.

If you or anybody meets them and gets a chance to check them on 3D Radar, we would be very interested to know about this experience 🙂

Nonagave
    Participant
    1+

FFXIV JAIL

they are out there … but I don’t think they have anywhere near the staff Wow has, hell with Wow you report a problem and you’ll be talking to a GM in 15~45 mins, but with FFXIV it takes hours/days for them to respond to a problem, and they do it without ever talking one on one … just a form email.

And if you watch the video, they could have found this by someone reporting them, or a simple text search.

a huge point with any mmo, if you found a cheat, or use a bot, do not tell anyone! friends in any mmo can change at any given second. … and never brag about gil, mgp, items, etc gotten faster then humanly possible.

For example [on Tuesday] “I only have 200k MGP.” [on Friday] “Check out my cool Fenrir mount!!!”

People you think are friends can be jealous dicks.

but if they are out there you can throw them off your trail w/ another program … I use a macro program that records mouse movements and clicks, and it can be set to a timer … create more then one set of waypoints different of the others for the same thing, and every rotation or set time, change to another set of waypoints … its a good work around until scenario is released.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.