[Combat] Use new abilities?

Forum Forums Discussion [Combat] Use new abilities?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Drudicta
    Drudicta
    Participant

I’m playing BLM for a bit and just got High Fire 2 and High Blizzard II. Miqobot does not recognize them, so I have to manually AoE which means about a dungeon a day instead of several a day for my hands.

Is there a macro I can set up to make her use them? Simply naming a macro “Blizzard II” isn’t making her use it, and I’m unable to change the icon to the old Blizzard II icon.

• This topic was modified 2 years ago by Drudicta Drudicta.
    Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    4+

Yes, battle jobs are not upgraded for Endwalker rotations yet so bot won’t be using any skills above 80 lvl. I don’t know about any macro that can work here unfortunately.

But I can offer some temporary solutions here.

You can send the bot to do few runs with trusts in Qitana Revel if you want to get some additional exp. Also for leveling roulette you can remove few of your gears to get lower ilvl so you won’t be able to get into dungeons 80lvl+, this way you won’t have to use these new abilities. For 50/60/70/80 roulette you will not have to worry about it since they all are also below in lvl. And after that maybe you can still do that one dungeon of 81 lvl or higher.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Yes, battle jobs are not upgraded for Endwalker rotations yet so bot won’t be using any skills above 80 lvl. I don’t know about any macro that can work here unfortunately.

To add onto this:
    All jobs are working up to level 80, except Sage, Reaper, Monk and Summoner. Summoner received a total remake since Endwalker, which essentially makes it a new job. Monk also got some major changes, which makes it half of a new job. Reaper and Sage are new alltogether. They will all use basic abilities with combat assist, however only the absolutely bare minimum.
    Reaper for example only uses his basic Slice combo and nothing else. Sage will use his single target and aoe heal, as well as his basic attack, but nothing else.

So playing these jobs in combat assist might not work properly in higher level content. All other jobs should perform decent, and good enough to clear a savage raid with, I guess, but don’t expect any purple parses there.

Drudicta
    Drudicta
    Participant
    1+

Thanks, Ai. Was just tryin to get a work around, but I’ll move on to leveling healers I think. BLM i was able to do without combat assist for a lot longer than I would other classes. Gotta level the slower casters for now. =w=

jtggm185
    Participant

You could try to use macros, but you need to know the name of the skill it replaces. I use one on my MCH to automate chainsaw. Mch exaple would be
    /micon “Drill Shot”
    /merror off
    /ac “Chain Saw”
    /ac “Drill Shot”
    puts the keyboard icon as drill, executes chainsaw, and if chainsaw is on cd executes drill instead, and has no error message because they are turned off with merror.

Kouhei
    Kouhei
    Participant

For ARC I have tested it and Monk does seem work up to 80 more or less

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Kouhei Kouhei.

Briiiii
    Participant

If they do basic combos is it enough to get Qitana Ravel done by SGE/RPR? Or have to wait for support?

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

If they do basic combos is it enough to get Qitana Ravel done by SGE/RPR? Or have to wait for support?

Yes, it’s possible. Just would be slower than with full rotation^^

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Yes, it is indeed possible to run Qitana Ravel with just the base combo because of the way how Square Enix has implemented the Trust/Duty Assist system:

The damage your trust NPCs does is highly depentand on the time you’ve spent in the dungeon. If you’re doing garbage dps like with just the base rotation your trust NPCs will do way more damage than what they would do if you were speedrunning the dungeon with an optimized rotation.
    Of course, doing optimal damage lets you run the dungeon faster, although not much. From what I have heard you’re able to shave off up to 5 minutes at best, since trust/assist NPC dungeons are tuned to be cleared around the 25 minute mark.

Some people even tried afk’ing for 10 minutes at the start of a dungeon which massively increased the trust NPCs damage, essentially letting them clear the whole thing way faster (though since they were afk’ing for 10 minutes it was still longer than usual for the whole clear).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.