Combat Assist WHM in groups/trials

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist WHM in groups/trials

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  FallGuy 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

ps34pc
    Participant

I have never used a healer in a live group but started an alt on the Oceanic server and trying to get a group with DPS literally is hours if you are lucky so I am leveling up WHM just simply to que for the trials that you have to do for MSQ.

If you check all the boxes on settings like switch target, soft target lock etc etc will it actually full on heal the group/party as if I knew what I was doing? will it still do dps will it rez people?

Sorry for the basic questions, I just never play healers
    Thanks

Menendo
    Participant
    2+

Yeah, if you target the boss (or any mob for that matter) it will deal DPS and switch to party members for healing as soon as they meet a certain threshhold.

It will play WHM like you were a god until 80 basically.
    You can set it to use ANY keybinds (yeah Miqo can double down on those SHIRT+CTRL+whatever random crap you can think of.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    2+

I use combat assist with my WHM all the time and even at 90 it’s still a dream compared to what I could do manually. Here’s a neat tip.

If there’s a group pull, target the one with most health and get up close. (avoid bad stuff of course) as long as there are enough enemies around you and your tank/group is in good shape, miqo will spam Holy. It’s fun to watch.
    ::Edit:: – Don’t worry about mana much, miqo is amazing at managing it.

You can macro ground target abilities such as asylum so that it drops on you or your target. This is very helpful as trying to do a ground target while miqo is pushing all your buttons is very difficult. The down side is that sometimes she will toss out a random asylum during a pull. So to combat that, you don’t use the /micon for asylum (this will keep miqo from using it), just use a default icon and you can press it yourself. You get the benefit of not having to ‘target’ the ground, and no random heal bubbles on the way through the pull’s end.

last tip: make a macro for Liturgy of the Bell the same way you do for Asylum. Since miqo doesn’t use this either you can manually use it.

Bonus Tip: Keeping those two macros mentioned above and aquaveil on your action bar where you can reach it quickly will help a lot. So you’re basically just manually using those three abilities while miqo does the rest.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by captainblunt captainblunt.
    Oppie
    Oppie
    Participant

Hello,

I’m sorry to bring up an old topic but I’m wondering about two things related to the WHM assist:

– What macro do you use for the Asylum? I tried to make one myself but it doesn’t work; Miqo uses it, makes me go into targeting ground mode but doesn’t cast the spell; I guess I have to specify another argument in the macro

– I noticed that the wizard never uses Tetragrammaton (and Plenery Indulgence); is this normal? It’s a shame, isn’t it? It’s an instant that can be very useful in my opinion. Is there a macro / way to force Miqo to use it?

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Oppie Oppie.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Oppie Oppie.
    Oppie
    Oppie
    Participant

Sorry for the inconvenience; I found the answer myself by fiddling with the macros 🙂

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    1+

Did you find the answer to both questions? Glad you were able to figure it out.

Thing I like about WHM is that all the 81+ abilities are either upgrades to something else or easily managed myself. If it’s an upgrade like Holy and Glare, miqo uses them just fine. The only new ones I have to do anything with are Liturgy and Aquaveil. You can even get creative with those like creating a macro for liturgy that as a <me> on it so you just drop it wherever you are. You can even create macros (though I haven’t done this) for Aquaviel to cast on <2> <3> <4> etc… and arrange the bar you put it on vertically next to your party members so you can quickly snap on the shield without much thought. All sorts of cool things. That also works great with Rescue to get those slow pokes out of the ancient flare. XD

Oppie
    Oppie
    Participant

Yes, it works with a bit of fiddling with the macros, but it’s still surprising because Miqo didn’t use its spells natively, I had to turn them into a macro to make it work, is that normal?

In the same vein, the Asylum macro works well but I find that it tends to launch it at any time.

It’s not great but it’s good enough for what I do so I’m happy.

Thanks anyway 🙂

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

It’s really amusing during long pulls when I drop a bubble at the beginning of the pull. “Oops, hit the wrong button, carry on” haha, you can avoid that by turning it into a different /micon but you won’t see the cool down.

Having to turn the other stuff into macros to get them to work, that’s not normal. The only 2 macros I use are for asylum and lily. Not sure why it’s doing that. I can say that I have every macro bar button assigned to a keybind. Like 1 2 3, shift 1 2 3, control 1 2 3, shift control 1 2 3, alt 1 2 3, control alt 1 2 3… you get the idea. Then I also have keybinds to the changing of bars too. Also the ‘switch to hotbar X’ located in system keybinds all have a keybind. Control Alt Shift 1 2 3

Here’s a fun fact: Did you know that you can turn minion icons into micons? Here’s how you do it.

/micon "Baby Opo-opo" minion

darkpokemon
    Participant

What I do for my bubbles is make two macros one for me and one for target then when I am at the end of the pull I just click whichever one works better for the situation and I have it on miqos ignore hotbar so it’s completely done by me

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

That’s how I do my sacred soil, been meaning to set it up on WHM but laziness and all. XD

darkpokemon
    Participant

I had found somewhere that had all 3 healers macros for me and target but I wiped my macros by accident and can’t find it anymore lmao…and I don’t quite get how to make macros so I’ve just been turning miqo off placing my bubble and restarting very inconvenient but it works

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    2+

Here’s a list of my healer macros, keep in mind that in mine I don’t use quotes, I just use auto-translator but I’ve edited them below for cut and paste.

Scholar – Sacred Soil
    Places soil on my target, if nothing is targeted then on myself.

/micon "Sacred Soil"
    /merror off
    /ac "Sacred Soil" <t>
    /ac "Sacred Soil" <me>

White Mage – Asylum
    Places Asylum on my target, if nothing is targeted then on myself.

/micon "Asylum"
    /merror off
    /ac "Asylum" <t>
    /ac "Asylum" <me>

Places Liturgy on myself.
    White Mage – Liturgy of the bell

/micon "Liturgy of the Bell"
    /merror off
    /ac "Liturgy of the Bell" <me>

Ad DarkPokemon pointed out, you can split Soil and Asylum into two macros, one for you and one for your target if you want. If you do that I suggest using a different /micon so miqo doesn’t try to use them. This will make it a little less obvious and you don’t poop out bubbles at the beginning of a pull. XD

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by captainblunt captainblunt.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by captainblunt captainblunt.

FallGuy
    Participant

If you do that I suggest using a different /micon so miqo doesn’t try to use them.

Can you give an example, cause new to this macro thing.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Sure: In this macro example, let’s say you’re a White Mage.

/micon "Bite-sized Pudding" minion
    /merror off
    /ac "Asylum" <me>

^^ This one will cast Asylum on ONLY you, and it has a cute icon. Miqo won’t recognize the /micon so she won’t use it. You’ll have to hit yourself. Just make another one (can use any pet name you want) with <t> instead of <me> and it will cast it on your target.

FallGuy
    Participant

Sure: In this macro example, let’s say you’re a White Mage.

/micon "Bite-sized Pudding" minion
    /merror off
    /ac "Asylum" <me>

^^ This one will cast Asylum on ONLY you, and it has a cute icon. Miqo won’t recognize the /micon so she won’t use it. You’ll have to hit yourself. Just make another one (can use any pet name you want) with <t> instead of <me> and it will cast it on your target.

Awesome 😀👍

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.