Combat Assist red flags to other players?

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist red flags to other players?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Andylynyn 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    d a n y
    d a n y
    Participant

Are there any strange things that combat assist does that could potentially make another player suspect/accuse you of using miqobot?

A friend of mine who uses this said that once, while playing a healer, a party member said that they healed like a miqobot user. Friend played dumb and even turned it around on the person, asking “whats miqobot” and asking what it was they were doing that seemed unusual and the person just got mad, quit the party and nothing came of it. This was a while back and they haven’t been banned, so I don’t doubt that miqobot is very safe if used responsibly.

It was still a worrisome story to hear. When I use combat assist on a class I dont play enough to know what’s “normal” or not, I always worry that someone more familiar with the class will see something unusual and suspect.

I did notice that with “allow heals/buffs” on any class with Peloton, miqobot will pop it any time it’s available (even when it has no effect) so I put it on a hotbar assigned for miqobot not to use. I only use peloton if it has effect and do not let miqobot spam it whenever its CD is up.

Can someone list any other moves that are recommended to put on a “hotbar to ignore” for us to use at our own discretion? Or odd miqobot-specific behaviors that a human player wouldn’t commonly do?

keaton1032
    Participant
    1+

Stuns/Mutes (Miqo interrupts miliseconds after cast, huge red flag). Skills you can place (Ley Lines, Barrier). Any Buffs (Like Peloton you said). Always disable Auto-Sprint (Miqo uses it even if you only walk like 5 steps). Damage migitation from DPS when there is no attack. Self heals can look odd, especially on high-end when healers top you up anyway (second-wind, bloodbath etc.). Depending on content, damage buffs can be a red flag as well, for example when a boss enters the next phase, but miqo uses a buff for the next attack, even though players usually know that at that percentage the next phase begins. If you play some later content, tank migitation shouldn’t be used by Miqo, since they like to use it even when there is only 2 trash mobs after all.

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    1+

I don’t know who monitors this stuff while playing the game. If they mention the bot to you in chat and you act dumb that sets them up for a ban just for mentioning the bot if I’m not mistaken. Honestly the only thing I would remove is Peloton. Nobody should care how you use the skills for your champ that’s why dps parsers are forbidden.

ospeff
    Participant

A friend of mine who uses this said that once, while playing a healer, a party member said that they healed like a miqobot user.

Was it an AST, by chance?

Miqobot uses the card system way too effectively. As soon as it gets a card, it buffs someone. In the real world, most people have a 2-3 second delay while they think “who should I apply this buff to?” or “should I draw a different card”, so miqobot’s speed in regards to that makes it suspicious to me. Only an expert AST player could manage the cards so effectively, so it would seem odd that an AST who is still under level cap is so good at it.

And like someone else mentioned, it interrupts too fast. A real player needs 1-2 seconds to react to a situation that requires interrupts/stuns.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  ospeff.

Andylynyn
    Participant

A friend of mine who uses this said that once, while playing a healer, a party member said that they healed like a miqobot user.

Was it an AST, by chance?

Miqobot uses the card system way too effectively. As soon as it gets a card, it buffs someone. In the real world, most people have a 2-3 second delay while they think “who should I apply this buff to?” or “should I draw a different card”, so miqobot’s speed in regards to that makes it suspicious to me. Only an expert AST player could manage the cards so effectively, so it would seem odd that an AST who is still under level cap is so good at it.

And like someone else mentioned, it interrupts too fast. A real player needs 1-2 seconds to react to a situation that requires interrupts/stuns.

I personally have the “Give card” macro right next to every name in the party list and I can easily emulate Miqo’s speed, you don’t need to go “who do I give this to” you just assign yourself pre-made targets, so if I have a Ninja and a Samurai, my priority will be the Sam. Just like if I have a Bard and a Red Mage, my priority will be the Red mage. Then it’s just a matter of looking at the card’s border color and immediately realizing “this is ranged/melee” and clicking a button to queue it up.

If people called me out for that instant card casting, I’d be fuming because that took time to setup and effort to learn. But I can safely say I can be as fast as Miqo and I’m not an AMAZING player at the game.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.