Combat Assist Questions for Career Healers

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist Questions for Career Healers

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant

With this latest update, and WHM/SCH supported up to 70, and AST *mostly* supported up to 70, I was wondering if a few issues had been fixed at this point. My FFXIV sub has lapsed otherwise I would check myself.

Does SCH actually use the Fae skills below 70 – Fae Illumination and Whispering Dawn? Is Sacred Soil used yet? Does Miqo ever employ Deployment Tactics? Does Miqo use Fae Union? Emergency Tactics?

On WHM, now that Miqo is using Afflatus Solace, how is it prioritized? Does she use it first whenever available? Or does she stack them and then only use them when she’s going to overcap on lilies? Is Plenary Indulgence finally being used? WHM was pretty solid before, so… I don’t really have many other questions on that one lol.

These are the kinds of things I like testing out when Miqo updates so it drives me crazy not being able to play and find out myself.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Does SCH actually use the Fae skills below 70 – Fae Illumination and Whispering Dawn?

Yes, faerie spells are implemented.
    Whispering Dawn is triggered on 2+ targets, and Fey Illumination is treated as a minor form of Largesse.

Is Sacred Soil used yet? Does Miqo ever employ Deployment Tactics?

No, Sacred Soil and Deployment Tactics require damage prediction, otherwise they would be wasted. We consider implementing them in the future for specific encounters, but for now they must be triggered manually.

Does Miqo use Fae Union?

Yes, Fey Union is used as another form of Regen. It is automatically activated and dissolved when no longer needed.

Emergency Tactics?

Yes, Emergency Tactics is triggered when shields are already applied but strong AoE heals are still required.
    However, Indomitability has a higher priority than Emergency Tactics, because it doesn’t need a GCD spell.

On WHM, now that Miqo is using Afflatus Solace, how is it prioritized?

Afflatus Solace is triggered whenever Cure or Cure II would be used.

Does she use it first whenever available? Or does she stack them and then only use them when she’s going to overcap on lilies?

There is no gain to save a lily when Cure II cast is required. Afflatus spells are always prioritized first.

Is Plenary Indulgence finally being used?

Yes, Plenary Indulgence is triggered to boost AoE heals when it is necessary.

These are the kinds of things I like testing out when Miqo updates so it drives me crazy not being able to play and find out myself.

We are sorry to hear about this.
    Please take your time and have a good rest.

flintrucker
    Participant
    2+

Just ran SCH on Expert — so I can report in how the SCH rotation works. Miqobot does indeed use all faerie skills now (as long as it is 70 and below), including Fey Union, Emergency Tactics and Chain Strategem.

As mentioned in my last update for 5.0, Miqobot doesn’t use Sacred Soil automatically, but it is my opinion that it really shouldn’t because you don’t always drop Sacred Soil with the tank. It also doesn’t use Deployment Tactics (though maybe I haven’t triggered the need for it yet).

All in all, pretty damn solid!

EDIT: Just saw Miqobot’s reply as well! Got beaten to the punch. :p

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  flintrucker.
    Marco
    Marco
    Participant

Is dissipation used?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, Dissipation will not be implemented in a generic rotation.

It requires good understanding of the encounter in order to identify the correct moment to execute, otherwise it can do more harm than good. We consider implementing it in the future for specific encounters, but for now it must be triggered manually.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.