Combat Assist Question

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist Question

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by k0nker k0nker 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

surphy
    Participant

Playing a bard using the combat assist and I know combat is pretty set in stone right now at the current time but I was curious if there was a way to trick miqo into not using my refresh skill automatically because it is so vital to use at specific times during fights. I’ve tried unbinding a hotbar switch key and placing it on that hotbar by itself. All would be fine as that seems to stop it from being used but Miqo keeps calling for it in the console since I’d be low on mana from Foe Requiem. So from what I can tell because of that she is not performing as she would normally with that skill in rotation since she is constantly calling that skill to be used and missing actions in the rotation.

On a side note she has been flawless minus the 70 ability and I love how accurate she is using the bard. This is a minor thing and will eventually come with the ability to customize rotations but for now essentially all I was looking for was if someone knew some little workaround or trick that I could use, thanks!

k0nker
    k0nker
    Participant

The trick is to create a macro that does not use the Refresh icon. This works for any ability that you want to personally choose when to use and not have combat assist use it. Hope this works for Refresh and BRD!

As to why moving it to another hotbar isn’t working, Miqo will try and swap hotbars if there isn’t a keybinding that it can access for the skill it’s looking for. It checks the icons of actions on hotbars to find the right spell, which is helpful because you can just use the macro with a different /micon method to make sure you have control over when something is used.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by k0nker k0nker.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by k0nker k0nker.

surphy
    Participant

Hey thanks a ton for the solution this will totally solve that issue entirely. My only concern is that I cannot see a cooldown timer on the macro icon. Is there any way to see this info another way?

k0nker
    k0nker
    Participant

You’ll have to use something like ACT’s Spell Timer plugin to get a visual display of the cooldown.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.