combat assist problem

Forum Forums Discussion combat assist problem

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigboy54 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bigboy54
    Participant

keeps saying this over and over again in chat “Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 3’.” but on my 3 action bars 1 2 and 3 i have all my ability’s on them

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Can you post a screenshot of your hotbar?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

An ability on them doesn’t mean there’s actually a key bind for them.

Check if there’s a key bind for all of them, and if they are key bind that Miqobot can reproduce, as there’s some rare exceptions with some countries keyboard layouts.

bigboy54
    Participant

Can you post a screenshot of your hotbar?

sure thing

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  bigboy54.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bigboy54
    Participant

An ability on them doesn’t mean there’s actually a key bind for them.

Check if there’s a key bind for all of them, and if they are key bind that Miqobot can reproduce, as there’s some rare exceptions with some countries keyboard layouts.

i see what your saying my hotbar 3 needs keys bound to it right?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

i see what your saying my hotbar 3 needs keys bound to it right?

Yes according to your screenshot, you need to set a key bind for every single slot of your hot bar 3.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yep theres indeed no keybind for Second Wind/Invigorate/etc. Go to Keybind > Hotbar > scroll to hotbar 3 and assign something.

You can also assign a shortcut for ‘Switch to hotbar 3’ like Miqo said but its not a good choice for combat. Take a look at the guide: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-keybinds/

k0nker
    k0nker
    Participant

This error is telling you that it’s trying to use an action on Hotbar 3 but there is no keybinding for the slot that action is in, so Miqo is trying to swap out hotbar 1 and 3 in order to use the ability before swapping the hotbars back, but there is not keybinding set for “Switch to Hotbar 3” in your Keybinding settings for FFXIV.

Go into Keybind settings and look at the bottom of “System”. You’ll see “Switch to Hotbar #” down there with options from 1-10. Set keybinds up for that (I use CTRL+ALT+SHIFT 1, CTRL+ALT+SHIFT 2, etc) and the error will go away and Miqo will use any ability it can find on any hotbar correctly.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by k0nker k0nker.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

It’s also good to know that you can set 2 key bind per slot, and if you put them on the right side in the key bind menu, their shortcut won’t be displayed on the hotbar, but they’ll still work, including with Miqobot, it’s a good trick to keep a clean HUD when it matters to some people.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

It’s also good to know that it is preferable to use direct keys with no modifiers when it comes to the binding of combat skills, as using modifiers like CTRL, SHIFT, ALT, increase the time to trigger that skill.

bigboy54
    Participant

Awesome fixed it thank you guys!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.