Combat Assist Personal Results.

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist Personal Results.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  edgedy 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

edgedy
    Participant
    4+

Dragoon and Reaper in a full set of crafted 610 gear doing Stone Sea Sky were capable of defeating the P5S dummy with 10 seconds to spare. I’ll do some more testing as I make more gearsets with Monk, Ninja and Samurai. Dragoon has a small lead in overall DPS potential over reaper (obviously)

Feel free to use this thread to post your own results, live combat or otherwise.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  edgedy.

Heradabdr
    Participant
    5+

Monk feels pretty good, although I’m going to need to move True North off of my bar, as it tries to use it on Snap punches while I’m already at a flank, possibly due to all of the previous positionals that monk once had.
    Otherwise.. it’s performed amazingly. I’m honestly astounded that the team was able to not only get Miqo back up and working, but added something as amazing to this on top.

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant
    3+

Reaper, Monk, and Samurai are playing fairly competently now, with Samurai being especially notable in terms of improvement. Havent tested Dragoon yet, but these melee jobs being updated to 90 along with the updated expert craft solver, is certainly impressive considering the environment the devs are working in currently.

MrAlice
    MrAlice
    Participant

Overall Ive been top 3 DPS in everything I’ve run so far, but I did notice one huge change (at least, for me because Im bad at it).
    Miqo used to interrupt skills with Low Blow, Interject, etc.

Now she doesnt use them at all and I have to do it manually.
    I understand why using them for all spell casts can be bad (she used to use them on spells they wouldnt work on, wasting the GCD and CD). Would be nice if it was a toggle on/off option instead like “dashes and backsteps”

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Ive seen Interject to go off so its definitely working. You can tell if a cast can be interrupted when its glowing. I guess Miqo sees it too.

MrAlice
    MrAlice
    Participant

Im mainly referring to leg sweep. Its on my bar like the other skills on a keybound area, but its not being used.
    To be specific, most recently I ran Dohn Mheg a few times an hour ago and it wasnt stopping Dohnfast Fauth’s “Watering Wheel” cast.
    There are many others I noticed, but cant recall the mob/spell name off the top of my head since those were the other day. Thats just what I saw today so far.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by MrAlice MrAlice.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by MrAlice MrAlice.

Shizuka
    Participant

interject and lowblow are OGCD it doesn’t affect the DPS. However, it looks a bit dumb and it make it quite obvious someone is using a combat assist, to solve this you can just remove Low blow from the hotbar to solve that issue

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Shizuka.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  Shizuka.
    iNight
    iNight
    Participant

Yeah, I also noticed that Miqo won’t use leg sweep anymore on melee classes. If it’s intended, I wish there’s a setting to enable and disable it.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Yes, there is a special setting for Stun abilities.
    We received a lot of complaints that Miqobot tries stunning enemies which are immune to this effect. So now this option is disabled by default and must be enabled manually.

Assist Mode – Hidden Settings

There is no UI for these settings, but you can access them manually in Miqobot settings file.

1. Close Miqobot.
    2. Open file settings.miqo in text editor.
    3. Find setting by its name, edit value, save file.
    4. Start Miqobot.
    • assistallowstun.
      When playing melee jobs, allow Low Blow and Leg Sweep usage.

Please remember that Miqobot is not able to identify which enemies are stunnable and which are not.
    If you enable this setting, you will have to manage Stun abilities ingame by placing them on an ignored hotbar when necessary.

powder
    Participant

does miqobot work with combo changers through dalamud?

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

If you mean PCombo, then yes, I use it, miqo has no problems using it.

powder
    Participant

i mean any addon that turns 1 2 3 combos into 1 1 1 combos or one that wil, for exampl e put up no mercy in the 1 hotbar slot when its optimal to use it

NepNep
    Participant

Unless Miqobot changed the core of Combat assist, it will have issues, I believe they stated in the past that Miqo scans your hotbars every 3ish seconds. Which means that combos which are almost all short then that on the GCD, will sometimes cause miqo to not see the updated combo button in time and may reset itself to another button.

And I experienced this myself when I attempted to use Miqo in conjunction with SlothCombo, so while it will kind of work, it will perform worse then just using Miqobot itself. Combo condensers should be used independent of miqo.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  NepNep.

necrocorey
    Participant

Can someone explain the positionals to me? I know if you turn on legacy movement and have all the options enabled miqo will move for you to handle them, but if you disable does she totally stop using them or just stop moving for them? I ask because I keep getting hit by miqo overriding my control and I would like to use her combat assist since I’m awful at dps rotations. Just disabling her movement would be great but I don’t know enough about it to tell if she’s totally skipping skills or not lol.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

if you disable does she totally stop using them or just stop moving for them?

She stops moving only.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.