Combat Assist – heals and buffs – Direct X11 Crashing

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist – heals and buffs – Direct X11 Crashing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Swoopper Swoopper 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Swoopper
    Swoopper
    Participant

Just FYI-

While playing a Bard and using

Combat Assist – heals and buffs – I am getting a consistent Direct X11 Crash when MiqBot casts Peloton after combat ends.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Swoopper Swoopper.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Do you mean the game crashing? Because im not sure if Miqo uses DirectX at all.

DAL41123
    Participant

This is gonna sound silly, but you might wanna test your ram. I had a similar situation, and whenever i set miqo to run command missions as soon as i got in, crash. I was like ok w/e ill try something else. everything was good for a few days then suddenly i started getting BSODs up until the point where it corrupted my Filesystem completely. Turned out i had a bad stick of ram which by the time i decided to test it, racked up 480000 errors. swapped out the stick the next day, reeinstalled windows, and everything was good again.

now the likelihood that your problem lies in your ram is slim, however it does sound like there is some data corruption involved. crashes that produce DX errors usually come from a bad video card, bad video card drivers (corruption) bad DX files (corruption) bad ff14 dx references (corruption). A bad stick of ram is like cancer, it can get worse and worse so it can start in one set of addresses and spread on and on until you replace it and have to do percussive maintenance.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Going to need lots more info.
    What crashes, what crash errors do you get, miqo logs, ffxiv logs, etc

Swoopper
    Swoopper
    Participant

I’ll do try to get the info in the morning

Swoopper
    Swoopper
    Participant

Sorry it took so long to post again – I think this was an issue with Windows and my graphics drivers. After I had a graphics card update this happened. Over the next few days windows updated 2 or 3 times and the issue went away.

You can probably delete the post.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.