Combat assist for end game

Forum Forums Discussion Combat assist for end game

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

darkpokemon
    Participant
    1+

Hey just wondering if anyone has used Combat Assist yet for the trials, ex trials and pandemonium and if so which classes have they used which ones work the best and easiest to just focus on mechanics while Miqobot clicks away?

esperanzo
    Participant
    1+

I have used the assist in both EX trials as a war and pld. MT/ST for Wep EX. it doesnt use the new skills like primal rend or Confiteor combo sword . I have tried to only control the movement. the parsing is significantly lower than my manual inputs but it does the job. Ive been dungeon assist with bard and blm 81+, its alright. i think trials will be the same as well, it just wont press the new skills.

darkpokemon
    Participant
    1+

Hey was wondering if anyone had any more information on this? For the people who can’t really do much in forms of combat in general which would be best to go through MSQ? How do all the jobs miqobot confirmed were working actually working anyone running pandemonium with Miqobot assist?

pichu859
    Participant
    1+

Smn is broken right now because the job got a significant reworked in 6.0. Brd and Mch is quite good at around 60-70 percentile on fflogs, plenty for casual/midcore raid scene. The performance plus the mobility of the two classes should allow you to focus on the raid mechanic without having to worry about much. Miqobot won’t be pressing the new abilities just yet, so you will have to weave those in yourself when its off CD.

darkpokemon
    Participant
    1+

Do you know how the tanks perform or any of the melee?

Pandamonium
    Participant

I’ve used it for the raids and EX Trials as PLD. I’m parsing at around 25% just using Miqobot and manually triggering the Confiteor combo when I remember to; ACT has me at a steady 10% of the boss damage. As long as I remember to manually trigger the Confiteor Combo and the follow-up combo to Royal Authority (Miqo tries to automatically do Goring Blade which overrides the Confiteor dot) then it’s decent. Not great, but decent.

Raids are parsing a little higher than EX Trials.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Pandamonium.

Mattlindares
    Participant
    3+

Bard – Manual usage of Blast Arrow (Apex as well if u wanna use it at 80 instead of waiting till 100), Finale and early phasing out Mages Ballad (15 secs left on timer) The songs got extended durations so she doesn’t know the line up for song changing yet to keep burn phase buffs in sync. My best parse for EX Trial 1 = 65%, EX Trial 2 = 54%, Raids went even better (70%+). This was done with current BiS for gear, but the melds were all lvl 8s, so the percentages would be even higher if I had 10s slotted.

Machinist – (Missing 2 bis gear minor upgrades, lvl 8 melds) Practically perfect, you will only have to manual one skill “Chain Saw”, everything else added is an upgrade that miqo has been adjusted for, or is handled by your queen. EX Trial 1 = 73% (could’ve been better if I had group with less deaths, I’ll have to go back sometime), EX Trial 2 = 76%, Raid = 79-83%

White Mage – (Not bis for gear or melds) EX Trial 1 = 36%, EX Trial 2 = 33%, Raids=40-50%. Manual the new spells, the issue is Miqo panics like she always has and pops CDs on heal check attacks that don’t require anything more than basic AoE heals, expect her to blow through benediction and temperance at unnecessary times, she also tends to throw asylum at a tank standing off by himself (maybe fixable with a few added lines of macro code). Could probably set them to slots with mouse hotkeys so Miqo can’t use it.

All Tanks – (Not bis for gear or melds) Work pretty much how they always did minus new skills of course, manual usage of CDs or else you’ll regret it. Parses all vary here but for the most part my stuff was high green (40%+) things like War and Pld going to blues (54-60%)

kiklol
    Participant
    2+

Hey all, not sure if relevant to thread but, do you guys know the reason the combat assist adds in ranged attacks while in melee in the rotation?

Happens to tanks and DPS. Thanks.

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant
    1+

I don’t play any tanks, but none of my DPS jobs are doing what you describe, whether ranged or melee.

kiklol
    Participant

Interesting, Ive just tested it out again with my SAM.

He’s throwing in an Enpi every so often, i could just remove or put it in an ignored bar but I’m wondering what the issue could be.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  kiklol.

uwu
    Participant

are you moving just out of melee range? thats the only time i ever see it

darkpokemon
    Participant

This is awesome information the kind i was looking for thank you so much!

pussyfoot
    Participant
    5+

I’m 90 on almost everything at this point.

Miqobot works exceptionally well on ranged physical dps. Dancer/Bard/Machinist. You’ll have to hit a few of the new abilities by hand, but she takes care of most of it.

Summoner – broken as expected.
    Reaper – broke as expected.

Tanks – They work just fine. Make sure to turn buffs and heals off and do the cooldowns by hand. Miqo doesn’t do mitigation the way it needs to be for end game, you’ll have to mitigate tank busters, share cool downs etc. Some of the new skills (for instance confeitor on paladin now has 4 part rotation, you’ll have to push those by hand to get them used.)

Black Mage – Works, but isn’t optimized yet. Does fine but doesn’t use the right spells in the right order, or the new fire/cold spell from what I can tell.

Red Mage – Works exceptionally well. (Fast on rezzes which is what you want). Doesn’t know that you can do the rotation at 50/50 now, so you either have to hit the first zorro slash yourself, or let her use it at 80/80. She also doesn’t do the second big nuke at the end, so you’ll have to hit that yourself.

Healers – White mage works fine. All the spells seem to tie in to the old ones except the new 10% mitigation buff, you will have to hit that by hand. Also the liturgy lily, which I find you want to use yourself anyway.

Scholar – is a dream at the moment, though with sage I haven’t played it much. Works just fine though. Couple tweaks by hand but will keep up a group in most content easily.

Sage – broken as expected

Astro – something is off with astro and the cards. They dont’ work the same, and the Lord/Lady system seems different. So you end up doing a lot of manual cards. I also have to trigger a lot of the abilities that were tweaked to do what I want them to do. I’d wait for this one to be fixed before trying to raid with it to be honest.

Melee – Rogue is great, dragoon is fine, reaper broken of course.

Monk… monk doesn’t work well right now. Because of the new system of white/black earning to do a big attack, it’s hit or miss because Miqo doesn’t do that. So unless you’re just wanting to do basic dps with suboptimal damage, stay away from monk for the time being.

Samurai I’m still leveling, and have never liked so no real opinion there. Its seems to work fine, but I’ve never enjoyed it and always seemed to provide lackluster dps for me (even with miqo).

pussyfoot
    Participant

Hey all, not sure if relevant to thread but, do you guys know the reason the combat assist adds in ranged attacks while in melee in the rotation?

Happens to tanks and DPS. Thanks.

The only time I’ve seen tanks add in a ranged attack is when you are not in the middle of a rotation (miqo doesn’t know shield lob doesn’t break rotations yet), and you are too far from the mob for a physical attack. Make sure you’re in melee range?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  pussyfoot.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  pussyfoot.

kiklol
    Participant

Those particular times i definitely was in melee range but i think i may have figured out what was going on.

I turned off all other mods and that seemed to do the trick.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Combat assist for end game’ is closed to new replies.