Combat Assist endgame ready?

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist endgame ready?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  stonerpd 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

stonerpd
    Participant

I’ve been enjoying leveling with Miqobot’s combat assist but wanted to feel out the community and developers to see if the bot was functional and competitive for endgame play?

Thank you!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

No, the combat performance of Miqobot is not competitive in endgame and never will be.
    At the moment we aim to reach 90% of optimal DPS, but the cost of every additional improvement after that grows exponentially. We will continue working on them if there is enough demand.

Please keep in mind, however, this is not the purpose of the Assist Mode.
    Miqobot can help you progress new encounters and show decent performance in highly repetitive content, but she will never be able to surpass a human player in the raiding environment.

stonerpd
    Participant

Thank you for your quick and candid response, much appreciated!

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    2+

FWIW though, I had never completed a Savage tier while it was current content before, usually just stuck to Extremes myself. But thanks to Miqo I was able to do E5S-E8S without any issues, even with the current/incomplete Assist, and I was (almost) always 1st spot on DPS with SMN or MCH, the two jobs I used to do my weekly clears. That said, these were all PF groups for weekly clears, so it’s a mixed bag and there’s a general assumption that all PF groups are bad (they’re not, and many PF players are phenomenal players.) But I did sub in a couple of statics for weekly clears, and for one of those I was still top DPS, the other I was fluctuating between 1st and 2nd, but mostly stayed 2nd while getting to 1st during my burst phases. Never got close to 3rd place though. Also, entirely thanks to Miqo, I was able to get my first Ultimate clear (UCoB) and now have a flashy gold weapon to show for it. Wouldn’t have dreamed of tackling any Ultimates on my own if I hadn’t been using Miqo for almost two years now, but with her doing 90% of the rotations I can almost solely focus on watching out for mechanics and doing callouts. Generally in the Copied Factory I’m 1/24 even while losing a GCD here and there due to swift-rez’s.

TL;DR – Overall the player will really determine what you get out of Miqo, and it does take some practice to work with what she can currently do.So while Miqo will apparently never be ‘competitive’ or ‘optimal’, compared to the vast majority of the player base she’s competitive and optimal :P.

stonerpd
    Participant
    1+

Thank you so much for the additional feedback, SefirosuKuraudo, it really helps!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.