Combat Assist current classes

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist current classes

This topic contains 17 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  darkpokemon 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

SamSink
    Participant

Now that savage is out for a while, whats the classes you had most success with?

From my expirience its the following:
    Healer: WHM, SCH
    Tank: GNB
    Ranged: MCH, BRD
    Melee: ???
    Caster: RDM

I’d especially like to know which Melees are performing well atm with combat assist.

frodridd
    Participant
    4+

I’ve clear p1,2,3 savage with bard and getting high blue parse 70,77+.

SamSink
    Participant

Yeah I had similar expirience, did you try out any of the melee?

pichu859
    Participant

Brd/mch for me, actually got recruited into a mid-tier static because of miqobot lol how does Rdm work? You just have to manually go into your melee rotation when the meter hit 50?

SamSink
    Participant

Brd/mch for me, actually got recruited into a mid-tier static because of miqobot lol how does Rdm work? You just have to manually go into your melee rotation when the meter hit 50?

Yeah you have to do the first zorro slash yourself, other than that it works really well. New spells need to be casted manually.
    Not so many Melee players around? 😀

Star
    Star
    Participant
    2+

Dragoon is the only one ive tried, and got 7400 average dps on p1s, the lvl 90 needs to be manually cast but fits in well whenever it comes up as it is instacast and not on GDC

robelloreads
    Participant

I’ve clear p1,2,3 savage with bard and getting high blue parse 70,77+.

For bard and good parses -> Any advice on how you have it setup? Like, what check boxes you have enabled/disabled? Any macros? Are you manually casting anything?

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant

I haven’t used the savage stuff but BLM works fine.

Ray
    Participant

What is a blue parse?

ryann
    Participant
    1+

They are talking about fflogs and the percentage DPS you fall into.

pichu859
    Participant

I usually let miqobot do most of the work for bard. The things you need to do manually is casting 1) Radiant Finale 2) Blast Arrow.
    I do cast Army’s Paeon manually to end Mage’s Ballard early (at about 15-13 sec left) and cast Iron jaws before raging strikes ended.

Helping miqo the first part by casting RF and BA will probably get you to blue parses, the second part, while I am no bard expert by any mean, get me to about 60-80 percentile parse.

Mch is a lot less involved. You manually cast chainsaw every 60 seconds and that’s it.

Diplomacu
    Participant

How’s Samurai going atm? Has anyone tried it out? aka basic rotation not including level 90 abilities

ryann
    Participant

It isn’t bad, but it does tend to use the ranged attack more often than it should. Sometimes you are right next to the mob in the middle of a rotation and it starts tossing out enpi’s. I only use it for alli raids because of how boring those are to do at those levels.

Kiko-usagi
    Participant

Samsink you said gnb is performing well, Do you use any macros for the new 90 skill ?

Meowmix
    Meowmix
    Participant

Samurai seems to be performing very well, though not tried it in newer EX or Savage stuff, as that’s not my kind of gaming. New skills you’ll have to use yourself of course, or just forget about. The one thing to think about unchecking in Miqo maybe is auto “dashes and backsteps” as sometimes it’ll do the SAM leap back to target when you’re trying to run out of an AOE… resulting in massive damage taken or death haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.