combat assist announcing skills

Forum Forums Discussion combat assist announcing skills

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Relief
    Relief
    Participant
    1+

Combat Assist – would it be possible to have the option to have Miqobot announce to myself what skill she’s using. I’d like to learn what skills she uses in different situations so I can become a better fighter myself. Like how it announces each step in crafting.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Relief Relief.

Nott
    Participant
    1+

Aside from watching the animations, the key presses, or viewing combat log, or reading the floating text. I suppose you could also make macros for the abilities that put them into /echo for review that way as well.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, it would be possible.
    However, Miqobot makes approximately 20 decisions per second, so displaying them in the message log would probably make it extremely cluttered and not very comfortable to read.

In addition, as @Nott mentioned correctly, there are several other options:

1. You can take notice of the icons highlighting on the hotbar.
    2. You can setup the ingame battle log to display abilities used by your character and filter out irrelevant information.
    3. There are third-party tools that can analyze the ingame battle log for you and display this information in any form via plugins which you can customize to your liking.

We haven’t found a better way to do this with Miqobot, but if you have a good idea, we are open to suggestions 🙂
    Thank you for your request!

Swoopper
    Swoopper
    Participant

You can make a Make with the ability as the name of the macro and Miqobot will pick it up and use it. I had to do this with a /facetarget in it. I suppose if you wanted to see the skill that was actually used you could add an /echo to the macro.

Example:

Name: Heavy Swing

/micon “Heavy Swing”
    /facetarget
    /ac “Heavy Swing” <t>
    /echo Heavy Swing used!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

I had to do this with a /facetarget in it.

You can enable automatic face target permanently in game settings. Theres also /autofacetarget on that does the same thing.

To do stuff like /echo you can enable Log Filters > Battle > Actions initiated by you. Do that on any chat tab and it will show everything like /echo macro.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.