Combat assist

Forum Forums Discussion Combat assist

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tenzinz 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

tman1994
    Participant

Are these raiding viable?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

No, the combat system of Miqobot is not competitive in endgame and never will be.
    At the moment we have reached 90% of optimal performance, but the cost of every additional improvement after this grows exponentially. We will continue working on them if there is enough demand.

Please keep in mind, however, this is not the purpose of the Assist Mode.
    Miqobot can help you progress new encounters and show decent performance in highly repetitive content, but she will never be able to surpass a human player in the raiding environment.

tman1994
    Participant

Ok thanks for answering so quickly

Temetito
    Participant

Keep in mind it performs far better than the average player. Good enough for me!

thatfox
    thatfox
    Participant

For tank/healer, I’m leaning towards a No for all Savages/Ultimates.
    Tank swaps/busters, mitigation, situations on what to do if your co-role dies and what the upcoming mechanic is, etc. Though with echo, healer/tank could be possible, but prior to echo, I don’t think so.

But for DPS, it depends…

For DPS, I would only say E9S/10S since those floors are easy.
    My static managed to clear with a dps pug being dead a majority of those two fights.

E11S, I’m leaning towards No, due to certain mechanics of the fights.
    E12S/Ultimates, 100% No

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by thatfox thatfox. Reason: Tank/Healer Info
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by thatfox thatfox.

Adriuno
    Participant

For tank/healer, I’m leaning towards a No for all Savages/Ultimates.
    Tank swaps/busters, mitigation, situations on what to do if your co-role dies and what the upcoming mechanic is, etc. Though with echo, healer/tank could be possible, but prior to echo, I don’t think so.

But for DPS, it depends…

For DPS, I would only say E9S/10S since those floors are easy.
    My static managed to clear with a dps pug being dead a majority of those two fights.

E11S, I’m leaning towards No, due to certain mechanics of the fights.
    E12S/Ultimates, 100% No

Can you explain why you don’t think it’s good in harder content? If Miqo is 90% optimal performance out of 100%, that sounds like it’s better than your average player. Like what is stopping from using it in the hardest content in the game?

I can see why you wouldn’t want to use it on a tank/healer because ability timers. But assuming you know your class and you’re just lazy (like me). You probably could get away with using it on a tank/healer in harder content by simply utilizing the pause feature, and putting major spells you don’t want Miqo using on forbidden keybinds. Same goes for DPS.

I’ve used “assist” bots in other MMOs (WOW) and you can easily do the hardest raid content in the game using an assist bot. You just have to tweak it to not use cool downs you don’t want it to.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Adriuno.

tman1994
    Participant

I’m wondering this also, I’m ok with 90% and I only dps

friskiestnut
    Participant

I’ve been doing them just fine and im usually on top or second as a MCH

Temetito
    Participant

Obviously on the very high end fights it requieres awareness and manually using some key abilities abilities at the right time. It doesn’t mean that (if set up properly) the bot will do poorly in those situations. Just gotta be smart about it.

For example, I have multiple macros that add or remove CDs/AoEs/etc from my bars depending on weather I need to save them for next phase or not. If the abilities are not on your bars the bot will not use them.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Temetito.

tenzinz
    Participant

I’ve used assist in current savage. Mostly for all jobs, set a hotbar for Miqo to ignore, that’s where you can place your situational cds to use manually (tank cd, special heals, buffs). You can also set a hotkey to pause assist mode also but I’ve never had to do it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.