Combat Assist

Forum Forums Discussion Combat Assist

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Diplomacu
    Participant

Sorry about another post so soon.

Does the combat assist know when to use AoE and when not to use AOE? Also is there a way to stop it using my big cooldowns (Like 60second+ cooldown) on say “trash” packs when a boss fight is coming up etc?

Hummer89x
    Participant
    1+

yes and no.
    it automatically does aoe when there are (3+?) mobs around and there is currently no way to disable certain skills.

EDIT: There is actually a workaround for your problem. In the advanced options (click on the +) you can ignore a hotbar. You can put important skills on that hotbar and miqo shouldn’t use them. However you can still manually use them.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Hummer89x.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  Hummer89x.

Miyo-two
    Participant

Debatable, Miqo does use AoE, but I think it simply maximize your output, so if you are surrounded by enemies miqo will use AoE for you.

There are times where you don’t want to use AoE but miqo will use it,
    an example would be Treasure map where you want to kill the mobs in order according to their assigned numbers,
    but miqo just use AoE for you.

For you second question, you can just tell miqo to ignore a hotbar in Advanced setting,
    and put the skills that you don’t want miqo to use in that hotbar.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

A setting to disable AoE rotations is planned, but it’s not a trivial one.
    The only solution you have at the moment is to remove AoE abilities from your hotbar, and Miqobot will have no choice but to perform a single target rotation. But if the fight requires constantly switching AoE on and off, then of course it will not suffice.

There is another workaround.
    You can create two hotbar manipulation macros. One will remove AoE abilities from your hotbar and the other will quickly put them back.

/hotbar remove 9 1
    /hotbar remove 9 2
    /hotbar remove 9 3
    /hotbar action "Quick Nock" 9 1
    /hotbar action "Rain of Death" 9 2
    /hotbar action "Shadowbite" 9 3

This example assumes that you’re playing Bard and your AoE abilities are placed on hotbar 9 in slots 1 / 2 / 3 respectively. Please adjust them to your own hotbar setup.

We understand that this is an extremely unnatural solution, but it’s the only one we can suggest at the moment.
    We sincerely apologize for inconvenience.

Diplomacu
    Participant

Well in terms of my second question, It’s more I want it to “save” it’s BIG Cd’s for bosses, if I just move them to a hotbar that’s being ignored by assist mode, flexing in the CD’s into the assist mode manually might be more of a detriment, as opposed to having it being used in the most optimal rotation like normal

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Drag CDs to ignored hotbar when you want to save them, drag them back when you want Miqo to use them again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.