Jobs with minimal involvement at Level 80?

Forum Forums Discussion Jobs with minimal involvement at Level 80?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tuktukin 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant

Since it’s been some time since I’ve been around I wanted to ask what jobs are going going well with minimal management at level 80? Mostly interested in the DPS jobs.

Thanks for your input.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Nirvana Flame Nirvana Flame.

Bakalex
    Participant

Of the ones I have leveled, Dragoon has been easiest. I have all at 80 except NIN, DNC, and RDM

FaradayChain
    Participant

Depends what you mean by minimal involvement, melee classes need to position themselves, casters need to manage cast times, of the physical DPS, dancer has two issues, one is that its aoe is mostly melee, and the timing of dances can make you look quite silly unless you manage them yourself, so all in I’d say bard as it’s more complete than machinist.

eternalstar01
    eternalstar01
    Participant

I’m a career healer (been healing warcraft and ff since 2006), and dps has always been a mystery to me. I suck at rotations, I suck a dot tracking, I don’t understand dot clipping and they always friggin’ fall off, anyways.

All that said, I saw someone say that RDM is the healer’s DPS class, and were they ever right! I got my RDM up to 80 and it’s practically my main now. There’s no dots to track and the “rotation” is more of a priority system (kind of like bard, which was my dps secondary for the longest time). But the thing I like about RDM the most is that the spells work so harmoniously with each other, that it feels like a breeze.

Of course, there are ways to fully maximize your RDM that are a bit out of my league, but as far as an easy-peasy and enjoyable DPS class goes, RDM has it in spades. Give it a shot!

shadowthegamer
    Participant

I have to agree with eternalstar01 and say that RDM is the simplest caster, and also great for soloing thanks to his vercure spell, and he is even somewhat useful in learning new raids thanks to his verraise (earning the RDM the nickname of Rezzmage, but that is another story).

As far as melee DPS goes, I’d say SAM is the simplest. It does have one DoT it can apply, and two buffs best always upheld, but latter is done automatically thanks to what you have to do to use his strongest attack. And his damage is nice~

Now as far as ranged classes go… It depends on how you define minimal management. If you mean no miqobot assist, gauges or DoTs, DNC is probably your guy. All you have to watch out for are procs, but those are highlighted, and I shit you not when I say you can basically make one macro for about half the damage skills and mash that button.

If you are using miqobot assist, I’d recommend BRD or MCH since at the moment, these two are mostly implemented in miqobot’s combat assist.
    -All you would have to do for BRD is to fire his lvl 80 skill when the bar is full.
    -MCH currently has all but two skills implemented (Flamethrower and Bio Blaster).

I would gladly fill you in on healers and tanks too, but I don’t have all of them up to 80 (yet), but I made easy runs with WHM as heal, and WAR as tank (positioning is needed, but that goes for all tanks to be honest)

cdtrico
    Participant

imo MCH is ridiculously easy imo and doesn’t rely on procs so it continuously keeps the same rhythm which definitely helps with tunnel vision from watching skills.

tuktukin
    Participant

imo MCH is ridiculously easy imo and doesn’t rely on procs so it continuously keeps the same rhythm which definitely helps with tunnel vision from watching skills.

This, and most of its skills are also just improvements of previous ones (same button, different ability). Braindead powerhouse of a DPS class.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.