Chocobo racing moving side to side

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo racing moving side to side

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Alydoo
    Participant

Hi! I’m so sorry if this has been addressed before, I looked around a bit and couldn’t find an answer. My issue is that when the bot is racing, for some odd reason she seemingly keeps pressing A and D over and over, so I keep drifting side to side. Is there a fix to this? or is that totally normal and I’m just being nit picky?

Chihiro
    Chihiro
    Participant

I have same problem with all the movement this bot does. For example with squadron mission, after enemy it always turns the camera as low as it can and then gets stuck leaving my character to jump on one spot endlessly, sometimes it can’t seem to find a way and does the spamming of A and D keys.
    I bought this to mainly farm mgp, but can’t use it without supervision since every time it switches between the minigame machine, it get’s stuck spamming A and D, needless to say it looks very suspicious.
    Kinda shame, was a waste of money for me tbh.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

@alydoo: This is called steering. Its completely normal. How else would you avoid obstacles and collect treasure coffers?

@chihiro: You have a keybind conflict. Read the guide its very easy to fix: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-keybinds/

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Hi! I’m so sorry if this has been addressed before, I looked around a bit and couldn’t find an answer. My issue is that when the bot is racing, for some odd reason she seemingly keeps pressing A and D over and over, so I keep drifting side to side. Is there a fix to this? or is that totally normal and I’m just being nit picky?

Indeed, steering is a basic mechanic of Chocobo Racing. It is required to avoid obstacles and align with the magicked panels and treasure coffers scattered throughout the course. If you want to see the track that Miqobot follows when steering, please enable the desired settings under “Race Recording” -> “Show”.

I have same problem with all the movement this bot does. For example with squadron mission, after enemy it always turns the camera as low as it can and then gets stuck leaving my character to jump on one spot endlessly, sometimes it can’t seem to find a way and does the spamming of A and D keys.
    I bought this to mainly farm mgp, but can’t use it without supervision since every time it switches between the minigame machine, it get’s stuck spamming A and D, needless to say it looks very suspicious.
    Kinda shame, was a waste of money for me tbh.

This issue doesn’t seem to be related to Chocobo Racing.
    Our Tech Support has contacted you by email and sent you detailed instructions on how to resolve your issue.

Alydoo
    Participant

@lyfox @miqobot I thank you for your response, but I am completely aware of the ability to steer your Chocobo, however the bot spams A and D which causes a constant swaying back and forth. If you can imagine a drunk person trying to walk in a straight line, it’s over-compensating with each button press. Does that make more sense?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Alydoo.
    WhmChocobo470
    WhmChocobo470
    Participant

A big thing to remember is Miqo is not using Injection so it can’t stick to the path 100% for Chocobo Racing.

A few variables can screw with the inputs and require the overcompensation such as:
    Chocobo stats (in particular Cunning; low cunning is like asking a robot to throw a paper airplane through a fan and expecting it to make it unscathed, or make it at all.)
    Weather
    Debuffs applied
    Network latency
    FPS
    CPU Load

You can offset the network latency, FPS to an extent and CPU load. The cunning can be bred or trained into a bird.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

In this case, please take a look at the “Steer Power” setting, as it was designed to address differences in network latency and Cunning attribute.

Click the + button to access Advanced Settings and enable option “Adjust steer power”.
    This will display a new setting on “Gold Saucer” tab.
    You can find additional information in our guide: Chocobo Racing – Steer Power

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.