Chocobo racing acc/Dec formula

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Chocobo racing acc/Dec formula

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kasxof 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kasxof
    Participant

Hi, I just started choco racing, and even after reading the guide I’m still not entirely understanding these two sections.

Can anyone clarify for me or perhaps share some examples of ratios used for certain ranks?

Like super sprint = 99-96 it something?

Aldo, can anyone share a recent waypoint, a lot in the pinned thread seem outdated.

Thanks.

PXht
    Participant

Most of the chocobo racing is dead as MGP minigame farming became the better MGP/hour farm rate.

The ratios are simply that – if a + b is greater than 99%, accelerate. If a + b is less than 95%, decelerate. Basically the 99/95 ratio works great for leveling racing chocobos – you can adjust as needed, but really, I didnt for the most part.

If you have a cure/recovery build and end up with plenty of stamina left at the end, do what the (outdated) guide says – set both at 0%, remove the checkmark on decelerate when lathered and your chocobo should run lathered the entire race.

If youre looking for a specific set of numbers to use – its all 100% dependent on what chocobo youre racing. If you have great stats and stamina, set the numbers differently so that you run fast the whole way or most of the way. Adjust them down if you end up at 0% before the end.

My end racing set that I won all 15 challenges on was Stam3/SuperSprint. I ran all those manually though for the most part. Or I found/made a particular race path myself and set ‘use ability 1 (super sprint) at 1%’ – meaning right out of the gate, miqo would use super sprint and Id hope that the bot would get in front of everyone and just make it. Works most of the time.

Best bet is to just make your own – race a race once or twice to get a feel for where shit is and then record. Remember, you dont have to hit every box or dash boost if youre objective is to just win.

Lot of stuff in the bot is outdated and the guides can be helpful but end up being a few years old information. Unless youre doing something that the rest of the community is doing, youll more than likely have to make your own settings/routes/gathering points/etc that work for you. Most everything Ive found is meh at best, because its a few years old – so use it as a template and adjust/fix as you need to.

Ill check back if you still need some help.

Kasxof
    Participant

Most of the chocobo racing is dead as MGP minigame farming became the better MGP/hour farm rate.

The ratios are simply that – if a + b is greater than 99%, accelerate. If a + b is less than 95%, decelerate. Basically the 99/95 ratio works great for leveling racing chocobos – you can adjust as needed, but really, I didnt for the most part.

If you have a cure/recovery build and end up with plenty of stamina left at the end, do what the (outdated) guide says – set both at 0%, remove the checkmark on decelerate when lathered and your chocobo should run lathered the entire race.

If youre looking for a specific set of numbers to use – its all 100% dependent on what chocobo youre racing. If you have great stats and stamina, set the numbers differently so that you run fast the whole way or most of the way. Adjust them down if you end up at 0% before the end.

My end racing set that I won all 15 challenges on was Stam3/SuperSprint. I ran all those manually though for the most part. Or I found/made a particular race path myself and set ‘use ability 1 (super sprint) at 1%’ – meaning right out of the gate, miqo would use super sprint and Id hope that the bot would get in front of everyone and just make it. Works most of the time.

Best bet is to just make your own – race a race once or twice to get a feel for where shit is and then record. Remember, you dont have to hit every box or dash boost if youre objective is to just win.

Lot of stuff in the bot is outdated and the guides can be helpful but end up being a few years old information. Unless youre doing something that the rest of the community is doing, youll more than likely have to make your own settings/routes/gathering points/etc that work for you. Most everything Ive found is meh at best, because its a few years old – so use it as a template and adjust/fix as you need to.

Ill check back if you still need some help.

Thanks for the detailed response. at the time i found it confusing, but as of this date i have a handle on it. finished all challenges and bred a male and female 5star just incase racing ever becomes a thing again. My current bird is r300 and hits first in most races.

I think i am pretty much done with choco racing, now i am focusing on minigames.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.