Chocobo not accelerating

Forum Forums Discussion Chocobo not accelerating

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  xtchc 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

xtchc
    Participant

Howdy all,

Having an issue getting my chocobo to accelerate in the races. I’ve toyed with the two accel/decel settings (leaving them at default, putting them both at 0, etc.) but by the end of the race the bot will only have spent about 20-30% of the stamina bar. Any experience a similar issue, or have any suggestions?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Leaving both settings at 0 should definitely do the trick. Could you explain more what happens with accel at 0? Does it spend 20-30% then stops? What does it say in message log?

xtchc
    Participant

Issue has been resolved; previously, I had my “move backward” key set to Shift+W (I don’t really use it), but when I set it to a key without a modifier (Y) the bot began to accelerate normally.

With both accel/decel at 0, what I was actually seeing was zero acceleration. From what I observed, all the stamina loss was actually from the chocobo going up a slope. Move Forward key was set to W. Currently on the R60 circuit, and I saw the same behavior on all 3 tracks. I’d tried it with the “only decelerate if lathered” checked and unchecked with various accel/decel values. Also, other parts of the bot worked fine; I’ve tried it with minigames, gathering and a scenario without any issue, though I will say I noticed some issues with keybinds that have modifiers, which led me to remapping the move backward keybind.

A sample message log is as follows–no apparent errors.

(1:48:25 AM) Zone: Race – Sagolii Road (ID 0186); Recorded waypoints: 196
    (1:48:25 AM) Race progress: 0.10%
    (1:48:55 AM) Race progress: 12.62%
    (1:49:25 AM) Race progress: 33.64%
    (1:49:55 AM) Race progress: 54.31%
    (1:50:25 AM) Race progress: 73.24%
    (1:50:55 AM) Race progress: 92.18%
    (1:51:10 AM) The race is over.
    (1:51:11 AM) Leaving.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Ah so you had a keybind conflict. Yea basic WSAD movement is advised to map without ctrl-shift-alt.
    Theres a special guide which explains why it leads to weird bugs: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-keybinds/

Glad you figured it out.

xtchc
    Participant

Thanks for the link Lyfox! I had read that earlier but I think in my hubris I had ignored it. I’ve remapped several others already now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.