Cannot Renew Sub

Forum Forums Discussion Cannot Renew Sub

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  RolfEd 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

RolfEd
    Participant
    2+

Hello,

I can’t seem to renew my sub on paypal. It just says ‘Unfortunately we cannot process your payment’.

I have tried this every other day since my sub ran out in May.

lucromick
    Participant

im having the same exact issue

Shayuki
    Participant

I renewed May 31st through PayPal so it certainly worked a few days ago.

DAL41123
    Participant

i was able to renew a couple days ago no issue

SergeantBig
    Participant

I’m having the same issue trying to renew sub. I’ve tried multiple different credit cards, called my bank (bank not blocking the charge) and I always get kicked back to the miqobot website with the page stating, ‘Unfortunately we cannot process your payment’. So frustrating.

I also tried PayPal Credit and it still didn’t go through.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  SergeantBig.

Lukaribro
    Participant

I think all this may be related to the tightening of a few online payment processing procedures. Even my XIV sub a few days ago refused to renew and wouldn’t accept the same card (a card which doesn’t allow subscription auto drafts anyway, that I have to annoyingly “resub” each month on that account, but that’s the price worth paying for having that account on a different card number). When it finally wouldn’t allow the payments I went over the usual steps when getting the infamous payment errors Mogstation is so fond of, and it turned out that it was because I changed addresses about 5 months ago, so my account address and card address didn’t match and that suddenly became too much for the stupid Mogstation anti-fraud to kick in so many months later).c

That was through Venmo, which as some of you may know, is owned and operated by PayPal, so it’s not a crazy jump to assume both the major PayPal processing systems changed in the same way around the same time. My fix was to make sure my XIV account address matched my card billing address. Went through just fine after that correction.

As weird as it waiting 5 months before deciding the address mismatch was an issue, one of the first things you should check is the billing address on file. Venmo is just social media styled Paypal, afterall. I’m sure they share some of the same backbone. Even more weird, all the test $1 charges all went through just fine, but not my sub and retainers. Currently SQEX is holding onto 4x $1 holds on that card which usually a full month. PayPal loves to seize people’s money temporarily (not so much anymore) that I suspect gets added up and used as capital before returning the initial amount a few weeks later with no interest.

RolfEd
    Participant

I think all this may be related to the tightening of a few online payment processing procedures. Even my XIV sub a few days ago refused to renew and wouldn’t accept the same card (a card which doesn’t allow subscription auto drafts anyway, that I have to annoyingly “resub” each month on that account, but that’s the price worth paying for having that account on a different card number). When it finally wouldn’t allow the payments I went over the usual steps when getting the infamous payment errors Mogstation is so fond of, and it turned out that it was because I changed addresses about 5 months ago, so my account address and card address didn’t match and that suddenly became too much for the stupid Mogstation anti-fraud to kick in so many months later).c

That was through Venmo, which as some of you may know, is owned and operated by PayPal, so it’s not a crazy jump to assume both the major PayPal processing systems changed in the same way around the same time. My fix was to make sure my XIV account address matched my card billing address. Went through just fine after that correction.

As weird as it waiting 5 months before deciding the address mismatch was an issue, one of the first things you should check is the billing address on file. Venmo is just social media styled Paypal, afterall. I’m sure they share some of the same backbone. Even more weird, all the test $1 charges all went through just fine, but not my sub and retainers. Currently SQEX is holding onto 4x $1 holds on that card which usually a full month. PayPal loves to seize people’s money temporarily (not so much anymore) that I suspect gets added up and used as capital before returning the initial amount a few weeks later with no interest.

Checked paypal and no outgoing payments have been issued. The error comes up on Miqobot’s end, as if Miqobot is blocking me.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cannot Renew Sub’ is closed to new replies.