Can Miqo run in the back without interrupting other programs?

Forum Forums Discussion Can Miqo run in the back without interrupting other programs?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by snake8503 snake8503 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    snake8503
    snake8503
    Participant

I realize that Miqo uses the keyboard for all the commands but can it run in the background and leave my keyboard free for doing other stuff while it runs? Let me know and thanks!

Arc
    Arc

Yes you can. It works perfectly fine, because it doesn’t simulate you actually pressing a key, but rather sends the FF14 process the information of said pressed key at said time, if I understood this correctly. Nevertheless: I play Diablo 3 and Warframe while Miqo is gathering ephermal nodes for me at the same time.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I think what you were asking snake8503, is also how to do it?

Depending on how you set up FFXIV, it can be tricky, it took me a lot of time to figure out how to minimize FFXIV without changing my settings there.

For people using FFXIV in windowed mode it’s easy, just click on the minimize icon of its window.

But where it’s really tricky, it’s when like me you are using FFXIV in fullscreen borderless windowed mode. There’s no border and icons. The only way I found is to bring up the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) (or right click on Windows logo in the task bar, and chose Task Manager).
    In the Process tab, find FINAL FANTASY XIV one, click on the arrow in front of it (>), it will then show the windows FFXIV is using (if you have only one FFXIV instance open, you will find there only one FINAL FANTASY XIV line), then right click on it, and chose Minimize.
    If you try to right click on the process without clicking on the arrow in front of it, you won’t have the option to minimize, so be sure to click on the arrow.

From there, your game is really running in the background, and you’ll be able to use other softwares and/or games without any keystrokes conflicts.

Be sure to set FFXIV so it uses minimal FPS when not in focus (there’s an in-game option for this, and you’ll end up with 15-17fps), unless you are doing Chocobo Racing or Gold Saucer minigames, the Bot then need more FPS, so set FFXIV so it uses at least 60 FPS, no need to let FFXIV run with 150 FPS, 60 should be enough.

It really took me a lot of time to figure out how to minimize a fullscreen borderless window in Windows, but if someone has a quicker method than the Task Manager one, I’ll be glad to learn about it.

Arc
    Arc

Well, I only Alt+Tab out of FFXIV and let it run in the background. In my opinion there’s no need to actually minimize it, since as long as it is not your main active tab it will limit the FPS with the option you mentioned.

Also, to answer your last question: You can minimize windows in Windows 10 by holding the Windows Key and pressing the Down Arrow Key. Should work in FFXIV borderless window too.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

That well known shortcut doesn’t work on fullscreen borderless windowed games, all it does is resizing them into a smaller borderless window, who then can’t be minimised as well with this shortcut again.

And you really need to minimize FFXIV for real if you want to work or play something else.

For example, if you work on Adobe software, which all use tools that feature different behaviours if they are used with CTRL, SHIFT, ALT or combinations of the 3, and if you set up your FFXIV Hot Bars to use one of those 3 shortcut modifiers, every time Miqobot will use them, they will be used in Adobe software as well, totally messing with what you are doing.
    Another example, if you set up FFXIV to use some language accent keys for keybinds, and if you are typing in an another software, those accent will be used there at the same time, forcing you to constantly delete the errors.
    There is plenty of examples like this, minimising the game is really necessary, and I’m sure very few know how to do it with a fullscreen borderless windowed mode on Windows 10.

Arc
    Arc

Ah okay, didn’t know that. Well, I mainly play games like Warframe or Diablo 3 or Star Citizen at the same time, so I have no reference 😛

snake8503
    snake8503
    Participant

Thanks for your answers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.