Caching enhancement for crafting solver?

Forum Forums Discussion Caching enhancement for crafting solver?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nyancat 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nyancat
    Participant

Happy NY Eve!!

I’m thoroughly enjoying and impressed with every Miqobot feature.

The crafting solver is truly magical and it’s great that she can restart the latest used recipe without recalculation. I notice she recalculates on every recipe switch even though all other stats are the same and the recipe has been used before with same solver settings.

Has there been thoughts on further caching the calculations for commonly used recipes? 30 sec to 1.2min is negligible when batch crafting a single recipe. The recalc time becomes more significant during long scenarios generated via Shishio Valentine’s MiqoCrafter (recalc time on hq sub-mats + hq mats for 4-star recipes).

I imagine this would fall into the quality of life / nice to have bucket since it would be a performance enhancement.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We are sorry, this feature is technically very complex and would not result in a significant boost.
    Saving and loading solutions will require additional CPU time due to compression and decompression, and this time is comparable to solving itself. At the moment this feature has a low priority.

The details are explained in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

Please note that Crafting Solver already has a cache.
    If you craft two different recipes with the same stats and the same set of abilities, there will be no recalculation. But even a single change in the input data triggers cascading changes in the solution map.

nyancat
    Participant

Very insightful!! Thanks for the quick and detailed response. It’s definitely not practical given the solution sizes unless that RAM cache is significantly increased or adjustable… but then Miqobot wouldn’t be a relatively lightweight app anymore and that risks degrading the user experience. I’d rather have a lightweight app.

My specific issue might be related to minor stat changes from crafting job changes during the long scenario then. It would be a dream to have that all cached but the benefit isn’t worth the cost.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.