Bug with grids

Forum Forums Discussion Bug with grids

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  miqoai52 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

miqoai52
    Participant

I’m encountering a bug where say you have 4 gathering nodes with a mount node by each, all connected up to a single fly node above it, a pretty standard layout. If you now change that fly node to a beacon(common when gathering nodes are far apart or theres an ephemeral nearby), it will no longer jump to fly to that node, it will attempt to walk to its x,y coords while ignoring the z position, then drive to the next node(not fly). Not sure why this is happening all a sudden, I’ve used peoples grids in the past with beacons above every gathering area and it didn’t do this..

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

empty – indicates nothing specifically. Miqobot will travel through this waypoint in whatever state she was before (stealthed, mounted, or in flight).

beacon – a special type for Gathering. Shows Miqobot a possible spawn area of gathering nodes. Other than that, works completely like empty type.

Beacons are considered as “empty” waypoints, if you want to fly towards one while you started from a ground node, you need to create a flying waypoint between the ground one and the Beacon one.

What I usually do in this case, I enter in the Red Mode by pressing CTRL, and next to the Beacon, I left click on the lines that comes from ground waypoint and connect to the Beacon, and I add a Flying waypoint on each.
    They will therefore remains straight lines and won’t change Miqobot path, just tell her to fly in order to reach the Beacon.

Maybe allowing to create a Flying Beacon type would help, but then again, this workaround is just a flew left clicks once you’re done with that part of the grid.

If you have to move the Beacon after you created the intermediate Flying waypoints, it will break your path with angles, just go back into the Red Mode, target those Flying waypoints and click on R to delete them one by one, you’ll end up again with straight lines, and then you can add them again by clicking on the lines next to the Beacon, roughly where you want them to be.

miqoai52
    Participant
    1+

That’s what I ended up doing, interesting, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.