Branch Distance / Node Priority

Forum Forums Discussion Branch Distance / Node Priority

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vega 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vega
    Participant

Hey there,

with the compatibility of the island i tried to make my first grid and set up a rough gathering scenario of the earlier nodes.

I encountered two problems that i might need some help with to understand them better:

1. Branch Distance, i realized that the maximum branch distance made miqo scan for nodes across the riverbed which i did not connect before so the character moved along the entire route to reach the node across because it is “technically not that far away”. Now i thought i can circumvent this with maximum branch distance, but i have no idea how big “1” branch distance actually is. Any tips to get a feeling for scale for that one ?

2. A second odd thing i noticed is that when it scans for nodes alongside a waypoint that i set, tt takes very weird priorities. It goes straight past some of the nodes that are lets say 3 steps away from the character and should be close enough to the waypoint that they should fall under “maximum branch distance”, but then chases different nodes that are lets say 3 waypoints further away.

Thank you in advance!

vega
    Participant

to add to my question -> in this standing on 109 , it would rather go across 30 trips around the block to move all the way to 133 to gather there, instead of moving 2 meters fron to gather at 110. Why is that. Branch distance is set to 3 atm

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  vega.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    1+

Branch distance = distance from each grid waypoint, from which the gathering points are accessible.

To see the “branches”, go to “3d radar” tab and tick “gathering nodes”, clear the “filter by name”-textbox first. If the nearest grid waypoint is not connected with the gathering node by a “branch”, then your branch distance is too small or the waypoint too far away. There is always just one waypoint connected to a gathering node by a branch.

Next Gathering Node Logic:

Accessible Gathering Nodes = Has a branch to a waypoint in your active grid + is not filtered by your gathering preset settings + can move to the waypoint within your grid

1. are there any accessible gathering nodes visible from your current position? (render distance for interactive objects)
    if yes:
    choose the nearest one to your character and move to the closest waypoint there

if no:
    2. are there beacons in your current grid, you haven’t visited right before? if yes, go to the nearest one and start on step 1 again

if no:
    3. use compass/truth to include a gathering point out of render distance and check accessiblity again

else Step 1 Scan (using compass, if ticked) til something is found.

These pieces of information should probably help you find the error.

to add to my question -> in this standing on 109 , it would rather go across 30 trips around the block to move all the way to 133 to gather there, instead of moving 2 meters fron to gather at 110. Why is that. Branch distance is set to 3 atm

I didn’t see the image before, but in this case it’s very likely to be a branch distance issues, 3 is not very far.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Nekro Nekro.

vega
    Participant
    1+

No clue what beacons do tbh so i didn’t include them. But the 3d radar activation of the “branches” towards the gathering nodes helped me immensely and i figured out the problem posted with the screenshot. Thanks a bunch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.