Bot skips nodes

Forum Forums Discussion Bot skips nodes

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arkonis 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Arkonis
    Participant

Hiya everyone hopefully someone can help me out. So I made my own grid for gathering, but Miqo will get to certain points in the grid and pass over one or two gathering nodes. Then it will mount up and fly into the air, then come back down and gather the nodes it passed up. Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

There can be a hundred reasons why it happens. Your description is vague and we could be guessing for days. Could you give some more info? What grid are you using? Is it a part of scenario? Did you make it yourself or did you download it somewhere? What does Miqo say in the message log?

Arkonis
    Participant

I’m using a grid I made myself, its not part of the scenario. The message log just says it is traveling between point 12 to point 8 in 5 trips, which is when it skips a node right by point 9. Then it grabs the node by point 8 and turns around to get the one my point 9. I’ve re done the grid 2 times already and it still does it.

Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

If you share the scenario, maybe someone can take a look at it.

Arkonis
    Participant

My grid is attached I hope.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

Your issue seems to be a compound problem. To begin, neither beacons nor senses are used so it seems that Miqo sees waypoint 8 first and thus makes the decision to go there. She will not correct or change waypoints once a destination has been chosen. That’s why she goes to waypoint 8 and, after gathering there, she sees a node at waypoint 9 and does what she does. You’re very fortunate that these nodes are so close together, otherwise, Miqo would not see any nodes and she would sit there doing nothing without the use of a beacon waypoint or senses. Secondly, there is only a single path for Miqo to take. What if the nodes at your original waypoints 9 and 5 spawn? You wouldn’t want Miqo wasting time traveling to waypoint 8 if there’s no node to gather there.

I made some first-step changes to improve this grid. This grid needs a lot more work. See the attached file.

Look at how I edited the path from waypoint 11 (originally waypoint 12) to waypoints 7 and 8 (originally waypoints 8 and 9). There’s no flying straight up before moving to the waypoints you had issues with. I want to recommend that you put some thought into how a player moves and draw your grids with that in mind. There are many movements that look unnatural such as flying straight up before moving on to the next waypoint, and visiting every possible node even though only 2 nodes will randomly be mineable at each spot. You will be less likely to be reported if your grids are planned out well.

If you start from waypoint 11, you will notice that Miqo will move to the beacon and then make a decision about which gathering node is closest. The waypoints leading to the node on the small hill at waypoint 5 have been cleaned up. Make note of how each waypoint with a gathering node is connected to waypoint 4 so that Miqo doesn’t have to needlessly visit other waypoints before moving on.

I also want to add that you could use senses instead of beacons but I personally like to use beacons.

Finally, your grid seems to run counter-clockwise. I have attached my personal grid which runs the circuit clockwise instead. My grid is by no means perfect but I think you might like it. You can use it if you like but my hope is that you study it and maybe learn from it so you can improve your own grids. We can learn from each other!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Just!cE Just!cE.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Just!cE Just!cE.
    Attachments:

Arkonis
    Participant

Thank you, I will definitely take a look. I am new to this so I definitely have a lot to learn. Thanks again :).

Arkonis
    Participant
    1+

Justice, I tried to take what you said and make a grid. I haven’t tested it yet, just wanted your opinion on how it looked. Hopefully I am getting a better grasp on what I need to do to make my grids more human like.

Attachments:
    Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

Are you kidding me, dude? This looks beautiful! I am so proud of you. What an improvement! I swear– it looks so much like the grid I made for myself that I had to double-check to make sure I was actually looking at yours.

I think I can help with a little detail though. You see how you connected beacon waypoint 7 to waypoint 8? I recommend you do something similar and connect beacon waypoint 13 to waypoint 18 and beacon waypoint 19 to waypoint 23.

I do this in my grids because I found that when Miqo first zones in, sometimes the spawn order of nodes is different but this gets sorted out after Miqo does a full circuit.

To give an example, imagine Miqo gathered the nodes at beacon waypoint 7 and then moved on to beacon waypoint 13 but didn’t find any nodes there. She would move to beacon waypoint 19 but the only path there is through landing at waypoints 14-17 to reach waypoint 18 and finally beacon waypoint 19. I’ve had this happen to me a few times in my testing so I make the right connections to avoid unnatural movement as much as possible. This movement would look weird to an observer and they might become suspicious of you so make sure to link those.

Again, fantastic work. This navigation grid is nice!

Have you worked out the gathering presets to accompany this navigation grid?

Arkonis
    Participant

Thanks, I meant to connect those and missed it.

Yeah I have the preset for it. I just change the slot # and name of what I want it to gather at the time. That’s why I put in my description of the grid the name of each thing found in the node and the slot number it pertains to. Along with the location area of where the nodes are found.

Thank you again for the critique of my original grid and this new one. I tried to mimic yours when I made this one, now I just need to fix all the other ones I have made.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Arkonis.
    Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

Actually, I was looking at your grid and thinking about any further improvements and I had an idea, which I should implement in my own grids.

What if you just link the beacons directly? In other words, beacon 7 to 13, 13 to 19, and 19 to 7. I think there’s no need for Miqo to move from beacon waypoint 7 to waypoint 8 if she doesn’t find any nodes there. It would be more efficient to move directly to beacon waypoint 13. What do you think?

Arkonis
    Participant

I was looking at the grid and that might not be a bad idea. However, would Miqo know to mount and fly if waypoint 8, 18, and 23 weren’t there? Or would it try and run around on foot to each beacon?

Might be something to test out at a time when it is quite.

Just!cE
    Just!cE
    Participant

No, Miqo would not know to fly without those waypoints. Yes, she would try to reach other waypoints on foot if those were removed.

However, we wouldn’t want to remove those waypoints in my idea. I didn’t mean to imply that – sorry. Connecting the beacons would help in the event that Miqo visited a beacon and didn’t find a node there. That should only happen once when first arriving to the zone, if at all. We don’t really need to do that though. What you’ve made is great; I was just thinking of a change for super efficiency.

Arkonis
    Participant

It might be something to look at and see if it make it more efficient. The only thing I would be worried about is Miqo trying to use the paths between beacons more than the original path.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.