Bot among bots

Forum Forums Discussion Bot among bots

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ruelune 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ruelune
    Participant

Hello, thank you all for being so helpful with answering questions. I’m a relatively new user of this bot, so I’m asking for advice in using the bot.

I try to be smart about it, so I don’t get caught, but after using the bot, I also start to recognize who else has it simply because the same paths and scenarios are used (for example, aethersand farming). It is the same people in the same server, at the same time. This makes me anxious in using the bot because while I was using it among the rest, one of the players got recognized by another player, and was suspected of botting.

I have turned off my bot as I have been diligently watching over what was happening so as not to arouse suspicion for my account (spent a lot of hours/money on, of course), but ever since then, I stopped feeling comfortable using the bot, and only use it when I’m alone in the zone (I try to port to another instance), but that isn’t always the case 90% of the time, so I don’t end up using it at all.

I’ve also tried my luck making my own scenario/paths, but I have a long way to go in making an effective one for me.

I have really enjoyed the convenience as I do a lot of work and this allows me to keep up with crafting and gathering, which is the bare minimum of what I can only do in this game.

Any advice you guys can give me? Thank you very much.

HalfDisabled
    Participant

You can take some precautions to lower your risk of being recognized by following others paths with some pretty easy steps.

There is a way to set the bot to go to a random waypoint to wait for your timers, you can change where those waypoints are or add extras so you look more random and never share a waiting spot with other bots. This won’t help too much on aethersand grids, because there are only so many nodes you can reach anyway.

Anytime the scenario has a wait built into it you should change the length or time on it so you don’t start moving at the same time as everyone else using that scenario, which will help you look different.

The best advice though is to probably set up extended scenarios where you swap to different activities every hour or so, reducing the appearance of mindless grinding. You can also set up a few minutes of afk time in your scenarios to simulate taking bathroom or stretch breaks, if you’re worried about that kind of thing.

Ruelune
    Participant

Hello, thank you for responding! I will try using the bot for just a few hours at a time especially for the timed nodes. It’s still an experiment for me to try and have my character move like a ‘normal person’ would.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.