Big Fishing Scenario

Forum Forums Discussion Big Fishing Scenario

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

miqouser1234
    Participant

Hi! I’ve made quite a few scenarios, some fairly complex so feel like I’m very familiar with the scenario editing. Yet I can’t figure this one out. Big fishing often requires fishing during a particular time and/or weather window, and often they can be hours (or days) until the next available window. So I’d like to walk to random waypoints during the downtime to prevent timing out, and then when the appropriate window comes do some fishing for a few minutes. Right now I’ve got:

Chapter 1:
    fishPreset(grandis)
    grid(grandis)
    bait(Short Bill Minnow)

workUntil(22:01et)
    randomWaypoint(0,1,2,3)

Chapter 2:
    goodWeather(Clouds)
    findfish()
    fish(7)

repeatAll(10000)

I’ve noticed workUntil doesn’t work with randomWaypoint. So I’m not sure how to cover the move around ocassionally during the downtime to not time out, and then only fish between 22:00 and 24:00.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Without testing you could do something like that (put repeat All into Chapter 1 or 3, cause if you skip it on the first run because of the weather, you will not repeat it probably):

Chapter 1:

repeatAll(10000)
    fishPreset(grandis)
    grid(grandis)
    bait(Short Bill Minnow)
    randomWaypoint(0,1,2,3)

// Press next, if next Eorzea Time is longer than 8 hours away
    afkUntil(08:00et)
    randomWaypoint(0,1,2,3)

afkUntil(16:00et)
    randomWaypoint(0,1,2,3)

afkUntil(22:00et)

Chapter 2:

goodWeather(Clouds)
    skipBadWeather()
    findfish()
    fish(7)

8 Eorzea hours are around 24min. The timeout is for 30min. So this should probably be enough. Maybe make an extra randomWaypoint before the 08:00et (akfUntil(04:00et)). To be extra sure.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Nekro Nekro.

miqouser1234
    Participant

Oh yeah that should work. I hate when I’m dumb. Thanks Nekro

Arc
    Arc

I hate when Iā€™m dumb.

You’re not dumb because you’ve asked a question. Asking questions makes you smart and is always the right thing to do.
    And nobody is expected to know all the ins and outs of how to work with Miqobot, except for maybe the devs themselves šŸ˜‰

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.