Better Branches?

Forum Forums Discussion Better Branches?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Derp12345 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Derp12345
    Participant

In the future, will we have better branches? for example, allowing us to make bends in our trips rather than everything being at odd angles that look ‘weird’/unnatural.

Would make this tool much more viable.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

When I create my grids, I put a large focus on natural-looking movement. The way I achieve this is by having as few nodes as possible in a single path. I also try to make elevation changes as gradual as possible, to avoid Miqo stopping to ascend/descend. Miqo will naturally go to the general “area” of a node instead of the exact coordinates — I forget what the threshold is, but waypointPrecise() scenario function makes it smaller (and therefore more precise). She also doesn’t follow the lines exactly. If you have a gradual-sloping line in your grid (flying), Miqo will only adjust her yaw/pitch if she strays a certain distance away from it. She doesn’t try to follow it exactly.

I’m not an expert, but I think a “bend” would really just be a series of many tightly-connected nodes… Or, I think there’s mathematical functions that produce curves, but I’d imagine implementing that into Miqo’s movement logic would be extremely complex and may not even work right (again, I’m no expert, so I don’t really know…just a guess). It would be cool though, definitely.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, we have plans to improve navigation algorithms in the future.
    Thank you for your request!

Derp12345
    Participant

Thank you, for all your work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.