[Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine

This topic contains 123 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Drudicta
    Drudicta
    Participant

Super excited! Now I just have to experiment. Especially with regards to getting stuff for Aetherial reduction~

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Holy moly this looks amazing i can already see some cool shortcuts to my daily routine. Thanks!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Here is a breakdown of a scenario that I’m working on… As this is the Gold Saucer event, it seems timely!

Go into Gold Saucer…
    Teleport to minion square,
    Move over by the mini games (I always start at a specific machine, I’m a miqo of habit!)
    Use an item “Gold Saucer VIP Card” (Do this with a hot bar button press)
    Start playing the games!
    Now wait till 44 minutes after the hour real time (I see a few options to do this… not sure which one works best yet)
    Navigate to the tele crystal in minion square
    Teleport to event square,
    navigate to GATE NPC, and talk to them

Now here is where things get tricky….
    If it is “Typhoon”… I want to join the gate! ExarchCoercer’s method works for selecting options, and I can use the navigation to get to the spot I want and wait for the gate to end…

How do I get MiqoBot to detect if its going to be the Typhoon GATE? I want to just go back to minigames if it turns out to be one of the other gates. (I suck at that dancing one)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Hey i like this idea. It seems like you need a blacklist/whitelist of gates like they did with weather. SkipBadGates() or something. But i wonder what will happen if you just ignore this fact. It will fail the dancing gate and move on right? Worst case you lose 5 minutes.

With regards to time like X:44. The way i see it is to create 24 chapters then copypaste your script to all of them and in each one you do 0:44, 1:44, 2:44, and so on to 23:44. A bit redundant but you have to do it only once. On the bright side you can edit each hour a bit differently, hang out in different spots of gold saucer and stuff.

Hedwynn
    Hedwynn
    Participant

I jumped a little when I saw the notification in Miqo.
    This is amazing, can’t wait to play around with scenarios.
    Thanks!

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Finally it’s here! *cracking my programmer fingers*
    Can’t wait to script some helpful subroutines for my daily routine ^^

rodgerdodger
    Participant

This is probably a stupid question, but now when I try to craft “start” is greyed out. Are there any new steps I need to take in order to begin?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

If “start” button is greyed out, it means:

• Either you started another activity on a different tab.
    • Or you turned 3D Editor on.

Scenario is an activity as well, so starting it will disable all other “start” buttons.
    If you want to craft from within scenario, please use this function: craft()

rodgerdodger
    Participant

Thank you. I’m not sure what other activity I had on, but restarting it
    reset that.

AnonUser
    Participant

Alright, with a lot of playing around I gave up on my gold saucer idea for now…

Instead, I did get a blue scrip one working!

I have it set with 3 chapters

Fish
    – Go to a random point on Thaliak River, and fish for Carp!
    – Do this till about 11:00 ET
    Botany
    – Fly over to the area where the Morel will spawn.
    – Change jobs on the way
    – wait for morel to spawn and execute a rotation
    Miner
    – Same as Botany really…

Then loop back to my fishing spots

This worked really really well… until I ran out of bait!

Other thoughts…

@miqobot a cool command would be to turn in all collectibles.

I can navigate to the NPC, and use the keypresses to get to where I need to be, but I can’t see a logic to determine how many times I would need to do it.

I would picture this something like TurnIn(botany) or TurnIn(Morel)

I’m thinking it would simply loop though and turn in all the items that matched. Similar to how Desynthesis works.

daybyn
    Participant

I have a question,

how would one script it out so for example,

i want to collect slot 2 in this node to collect mythrite sand for 2 hours
    after that, I want to collect slot 5 for ice crystals of the same node for another 2 hours

i’m trying to get it to work but it only ever collects from slot 2

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Easy on this one. Create 2 presets for gathering, one for mythrite sand, one for ice crystals. And then a scenario with 2 chapters.

1:
    gatherPreset(mythrite sand)
    workFor(2:00)
    gather(9999)

2:
    gatherPreset(ice crystal)
    workFor(2:00)
    gather(9999)

From what ive seen by now, presets remember navgrids, rotations, gather by name, pretty much everything you need. So its pretty cool. Actually i think ill make and upload it if you dont mind.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I can navigate to the NPC, and use the keypresses to get to where I need to be, but I can’t see a logic to determine how many times I would need to do it.

Why not overdo it a little? If you expect to have 15-20 Morels by then you can overestimate to 20. It will show some errors yea but who cares nobody sees them anyway. Dunno about exact timings but something like:

key(num0, 0.5)
    key(num*, 0.5)
    key(num0, 0.5)
    key(num0, 2)
    repeatChapter(20)

A function for that would be nice of course but its a good workaround until next update.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Omg i just had an awesome idea. @miqo could we get these 2 functions:
    1. showPopup()
    2. stopScenario()
    1st will display a message box and freeze scenario until i click ok.
    2nd will automatically stop at this exact point.

This would tremendously help with custom actions which are not implemented yet. Like turning in collectables @anonuser mentioned. Im totally cool that Miqo cant do everything yet and im totally cool with doing it myself for a while. I just need a way to tell her “hey this is the part where you call me and let me take control”. So she would gather collectables, teleport to Idleshire, get to npc, show me a popup (to get me out of netflix) and go idle. Then i turn in things manually and click start on next chapter.

Itll be extremely helpful in Stormblood as there will be lots of new content which Miqo obviously cant do yet. And to be honest i dont want her to do new content, i want to try it myself first, like new harpoon fishing.. So she does some old boring gathering and when it comes to new gameplay she gives me control back.

I mean i can kinda do this already by splitting my scenario into several parts. But these 2 functions would make it much easier to organise. And sorry for the wall of text.

Timray
    Timray
    Participant

I’m on a flying mount right in front of blue zone transfer dots and cant find a way to get the bot to go to the next zone.
    I’ve tried zoneGate(angle) and it does nothing. any ideas?
    Also is there a function to run a scenario within a scenario?
    Somthing like:
    runScenario(Anyx Trine > Hinterlands)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine’ is closed to new replies.